Creating new contact in Lumia 920 phone memory

whateverhappened

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Google has officially dropped Google Sync as of January 30, 2013 both for other companies like Apple, Microsoft, Blackberry and for its own users on free accounts. Pointless to have on the menu of WP8 'FILTER contacts'... Android phones have 2 options keep your contacts on the phone or sync. I think it's clear we need an upgrade and quickly. I've also read in PC mag 'Specifically, Microsoft's Windows Phone platform. Unlike Apple and Google, Microsoft does not currently support CalDAV or CardDAV on its major mobile platform. That leaves Windows Phone users without a convenient way to synchronize their contacts or calendars with their Google account.'
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/use-google-windows-8-rt
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en-uk​&hlrm=en-uk&hlrm=en&answer=2716936
I hope they won't come out with WP9 and leave us without upgrades

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Google has officially dropped Google Sync as of January 30, 2013 both for other companies like Apple, Microsoft, Blackberry and for its own users on free accounts. Pointless to have on the menu of WP8 'FILTER contacts'... Android phones have 2 options keep your contacts on the phone or sync. I think it's clear we need an upgrade and quickly. I've also read in PC mag 'Specifically, Microsoft's Windows Phone platform. Unlike Apple and Google, Microsoft does not currently support CalDAV or CardDAV on its major mobile platform. That leaves Windows Phone users without a convenient way to synchronize their contacts or calendars with their Google account.'
How to sync Google services with Windows 8 and Windows RT - Microsoft Windows Help
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en-uk​&hlrm=en-uk&hlrm=en&answer=2716936
I hope they won't come out with WP9 and leave us without upgrades

you can have Microsoft (outlook.com) contacts and exchange contacts, and can sync google contacts via your Microsoft account. caldav/carddav are being worked on. no need to panic.

whateverhappened

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
you can have Microsoft (outlook.com) contacts and exchange contacts, and can sync google contacts via your Microsoft account. caldav/carddav are being worked on. no need to panic.
Maybe you din't understand well. google is not supporting sync for free accounts anymore, you have to pay
secondly '''Specifically, Microsoft's Windows Phone platform. Unlike Apple and Google, Microsoft does not currently support CalDAV or CardDAV on its major mobile platform. That leaves Windows Phone users without a convenient way to synchronize their contacts or calendars with their Google account.''''
for now there's an app to d/l from the store, people ignore it because it is for the new users

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2