820 as a gaming device?

dinesh_altius

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey Lumia 820 users, hope you are all having a great time with the device. I'd like if you can answer these questions below?

1. With only 8gb internal memory and 2gb already used up by Microsoft, and offline maps costing you some more space, want to know how many high end games can be installed on the device. (Games like Batman, Spiderman, Asphalt all measuring almost 1 gb).

2. How well AMOLED screen renders the HD games?

3. Most importantly how well the device handles itself when the internal memory becomes almost full, which will eventually happen thanks to ever increasing other folder.

4. How does the device perform overall as a gaming device?

5. Not relevant to the topic, how good are HD videos on the device?

Thanks and cheers.

Last edited:

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
1. Do the math.
2. The screen does pretty well for its size.
3. I don't notice any performance difference between being nearly empty and only have a few kb left.
4. I notice mine gets warm to the touch while running Angry Birds to long, say an hour or so.
5. HD movies on a screen that small are painful to watch.

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
overall is very good, but only one problem. Cannot install apps into sd card......now i have to delete apps to install new apps :/

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If you frontload the largest installs, you can get away with installing a lot more (reset, install your largest games/apps first). Until we can install to the SD card (if we ever can) it would be unwise to keep a large game installed if you don't play it.

You can also install from the SD card which reduces the amount of space required to install somewhat (avoid the "out of space" failure).

We should be getting an official cache clearer from Nokia soon, though I don't know how well it works.

Games look fine. They don't look amazing, but what do you expect from a phone? Phones can only do so much, especially compared to PC games. If quality is a concern, let me tell you no different phone is going to have an appreciable difference, so don't bother making "quality of game rendering" a criteria in your next phone.

HD videos look fine- you'll only see the difference if you're looking for it (compared to an HD screen).

The phone is noticeably slower if you have less than a few Mb left.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes