Nokia has to be ticked !

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I would guess that the delay for the 928 is due to the SVE issue previously reported and I bet that Nokia is upset that everyday that Verizon can't get it's $#%@ together is another lost day of Q2 sales for them.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe they are refering to the issue verizon is having with simultaneous voice and data over LTE

If that is the case and they have to update software on each phone, we might as well stop looking over this thread as it will be delayed months nevermind weeks....<g>

To think about it, IF I end up buying one, I would rater wait a week or 2 longer and get a phone that does not have major problems than get a phone that was rushed out the door.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I did some binging and didn't find any recent news about simultaneous voice and data issues on Verizon. Just stories about it not working for iPhone 5.

so, I'm not sure that is an issue for the 928 release.

JamesForKing

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Some website said something about it, I can't find the source though. OP isn't crazy, I heard it too. But if that is the issue, I don't care I want it now anyways! I never talk on the phone to have that issue.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
as posted above, I would rather have a phone that works, then one that is rushed. I have till the end of June before my contract is up, so they have till then to fix it. I think it would be a problem with Verizon, if they aren't following a specific standard it could cause issues, no other phones are being delayed world wide.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
They may be a little disappointed but given the last two years Nokia has some tough skin. They have overcome so much this is likely nothing more than a small annoyance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon