My AT&T Lumia 920 has TWO IMEI'S, why?

HenRee13

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello group,

I tried to unlock my phone with AT&T earlier. I gave them my IMEI on my box and they gave me the unlock code. The code doesn't work and I've tried it multiple times. I then go into settings - about - more info and compare the IMEI numbers. The number on the box is completely different then the number in my phone. Why do I have two different numbers, can someone explain this? I fear my phone is locked to AT&T now. :angry:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is that when you bought your phone, it was actually someone else's return and the phone inside had been switched....or there was a production error.

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello group,

I tried to unlock my phone with AT&T earlier. I gave them my IMEI on my box and they gave me the unlock code. The code doesn't work and I've tried it multiple times. I then go into settings - about - more info and compare the IMEI numbers. The number on the box is completely different then the number in my phone. Why do I have two different numbers, can someone explain this? I fear my phone is locked to AT&T now. :angry:
Bad news for you here, it only have 3 tries for you to unlock your phone. May be it's now locked to AT&T 4ever

HenRee13

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought the phone the day of its release, it can't be a used product. The rep did tell me if I tried more then three times it would be locked to the carrier, but I have two IMEIs. If it was a misprint, now I have a locked phone because they made an error? That wouldn't be fair. What should I do?

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Dont spread FUD. 920 doesnt not record unlock trial and will reset each time you restart.

i don't spread anything. That's what an AT&T agent told me. She and I double check each other's unlock code before finally put it in.
@HenRee13 : What's the status of your phone now ? Is it have any trial left. your correct IMEI is the IMEI in your phone, not on the box . Try dial *#06# . Then get an unlock code for it. IF doesn't work, try escalate to an agent and see if you can work something out with them.

HenRee13

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i don't spread anything. That's what an AT&T agent told me. She and I double check each other's unlock code before finally put it in.
@HenRee13 : What's the status of your phone now ? Is it have any trial left. your correct IMEI is the IMEI in your phone, not on the box . Try dial *#06# . Then get an unlock code for it. IF doesn't work, try escalate to an agent and see if you can work something out with them.
Each time I reset my phone I get 10 tries again to enter an unlock pin. I will attempt the other pin and see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes