No FM Radio for 620 in Amber(GDR2) Update?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
WMPowerUser was talking about how it might have something to do with the headphone jack being part of the removable shell and how that affects the ability to use the headphones as an antenna. I don't know if this has any truth but...

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I still didn't got the point! it has every thing to work as FM receiver but still not getting the update,If back cover is the issue let them put a notification that "put back cover and plug headphones to turn on FM", FM is very basic feature 1000rs phone has it then why not 14,500rs phone?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
WMPowerUser was talking about how it might have something to do with the headphone jack being part of the removable shell and how that affects the ability to use the headphones as an antenna. I don't know if this has any truth but...
As much as Nokia would probably hate to admit it, some shells do have grounding issues that negatively impact touch screen performance.
There's even a thread about it.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, 620 does have FM radio chip! 520 and 720 has the exactly same SoC and they both getting the radio update!

I don't think the headphone jack being part of removable shell as a strong enough reason to leave 620 out! Nokia should give further explanations about this :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes