Update pre release firmware ??

rockinguy

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all...recently i was gifted a nokia lumia 620 by a friend..the problem is that the phone is a pre release version as when i switch on he phone it says not for resale and the firmware version is also a pre released one. As of my knowledge the phone shipped with 1250 version of firmware but i m having a 1249 firmware version.Hence i m not able to update the firmware version as it says no updates available. The phone and the apps works fine. Is there any way to update to the 1250 (or later) firmware version through naviplus (though it is not working) ot through nokia care suit. The nokia care suit as well as the nokia software updater is unable to detect my phone as it says the device is not supported may be because of the pre release version. I am not able to find the product code of the phone through which i could download the firmware. My firmware version is 1030.5603.1249.0003 , OS version is 8.0.10211.204 and manufacture id is RM-846_im_india_233 . I am not able to find out the product code for this manufacture id. Please help me coz i like this phone and want to use it. Thanks in advance.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
This sounds suspiciously like a demonstration phone. These are usually the ones that are on display in the stores and don't have the full proper firmwares installed. Also, they usually factory reset themselves after a while so any personal data on the phone will be wiped without warning. These demo phones should never be allowed to enter the public domain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes