FIXED: Abrupt Sound Distortion after 22 Volume Units

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I just got my lumia 928 today and it seems I have encountered a strange issue. Whenever my phone goes above 22 (on the volume), the sound becomes immensely louder. For high pitched noises, the sound is very distorted (Windows Message Sound) and even seems like the case rattles a little bit. Anyone else experience this issue above the 22 threshold or at a different threshold?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Abrupt Sound Distortion after 22 Volume Units

Is this when you're using the handset speaker, speakerphone, or headphones?

Is it happening during phone calls, listening to music, playing games, something else, everything?

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

Is this when you're using the handset speaker, speakerphone, or headphones?

Is it happening during phone calls, listening to music, playing games, something else, everything?

I should have clarified. This happens to any and everything from alert messages to videos and music. I have no problems with calls and have not tried headphones yet. This issue is coming from the speaker on the back of the phone.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

That shouldn't happen. If the distortion happens at exactly (or any point above) 22 units, that isn't normal.

The best advice I could give you is return it (that or don't go above 22)

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

That shouldn't happen. If the distortion happens at exactly (or any point above) 22 units, that isn't normal.

The best advice I could give you is return it (that or don't go above 22)

I wasn't sure if others had distortion if they ramp the volume up since that was the case on the 822 as well. Although, the windows message sound was never distorted on the 822. I think I will go into a verizon store and compare mine to their store version. I'm just so hesitant to return it because I got it through best buy and it was a hassle to get it since they didn't have it in store, but were still price matching it. I just know I will be without it for several days if I try and get a new one :/

Plus I used up my screen protector >.<

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

I must have gotten something in the speaker vent because it fixed itself this morning. Everything works perfectly up to 30. SPEAKER SOUNDS AMAZING :)

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Any idea what might have caused it? Mine is this way too. It wasn't when I first got it, but now on higher volume the speaker produces distorted sound that sounds terrible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon