Battery drains out all of a sudden!!

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
When I switch off my lumia And switch on again battery drains out by about 50%!!
Do any of you face the same problem?
Plz help...
Thanks in advance..

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums mobile app

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
When I switch off my lumia And switch on again battery drains out by about 50%!!
Do any of you face the same problem?

A couple of questions to clarify the situation:

1. When you say you "switch off" your phone, do you mean you momentarily click the power button to lock the phone and blank the screen, or do you mean you click and hold the power button until the shutdown screen appears, then swipe down to completely turn the phone off?
  2. When you say you "switch on again", do you mean you switch it back on again straight way, or do you mean you switch it on some time later, like in two hours or the next day?
  3. How are you measuring battery percentage?
  4. What apps do you have running in the background?
  5. Do you have WhatsApp installed?

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
1. Yeah I mean I switch off completely.
2. I switch it on immediately..not after 1 or 2 hours.
3. I don't know much about the apps running in background...
4. Yes whatsapp is installed on my phone
Sorry for the late reply

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I dont think there is a solution. My Lumia 620 battery also drains rapidly once in a while, not sure why as it doesn't get heavy usage. I don't think there is a fix for it. Dorry

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Uninstall whatsapp and try using your phone again. Also, go to settings and then to background tasks. It shows you all the apps that work in the background and thus drain your battery.

jack6191

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Uninstall whatsapp and try using your phone again. Also, go to settings and then to background tasks. It shows you all the apps that work in the background and thus drain your battery.

I dont think there is a solution. My Lumia 620 battery also drains rapidly once in a while, not sure why as it doesn't get heavy usage. I don't think there is a fix for it. Dorry
A few of them here suggested that hard reset does help..the method is somewhere in some thread..do search for it :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

cRAZY Canuk

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I've got a similar issue, my 620 battery stamina sucks, needs a top up on the drive home and then limp's its way to bed time to charge over night.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I've got a similar issue, my 620 battery stamina sucks, needs a top up on the drive home and then limp's its way to bed time to charge over night.

It doesn't sound like a similar issue to me. Does your battery percentage suddenly drop when you switch the phone off and then back on, like the OP?

Your issue sounds like excessive battery drain. To troubleshoot that you need to provide more information. What's your usage pattern? Do you have WhatsApp installed? What apps are allowed to run in the background?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

If you have WhatsApp installed, please uninstall it and see if the problem continues. WhatsApp uses a hack with audio API to keep the app active in the background. This can drain battery A LOT after WhatsApp is started the first time after a reboot, even if you're not using your phone or WhatsApp much.

cRAZY Canuk

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't sound like a similar issue to me. Does your battery percentage suddenly drop when you switch the phone off and then back on, like the OP?

Your issue sounds like excessive battery drain. To troubleshoot that you need to provide more information. What's your usage pattern? Do you have WhatsApp installed? What apps are allowed to run in the background?

Mine freezes and restarts in the evening for son reason. I don't have what's app installed.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine freezes and restarts in the evening for son reason. I don't have what's app installed.

Like I said, this doesn't sound anything like the OPs problem, so maybe you should be posting in the threads talking about general reboot/battery drain issues, not in this thread.

Ana Rakel Morales

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and i have had it for a month and a half. No problem with batu until today, it was 100% even plugged and i powered it off and then on it because i was not receving WA notifications. And all of the sudden, my batt was 6%. I didn't even take 2 mins to power it back on (because of the carger been plugged in)? So i kept it charging and when i checked again, 100% batt 20 AFTER it showed 6%!!!? This have NEVER happened to me before, even i have the screenshots (sorry, they're huge)? I MEAN, WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY LUMIA??
100.jpeg6.jpeg

Tr00per

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Well your clock (time) must be going backwards, as the 6% picture's time is 22 minutes before the picture that is showing 100%. Hmmmmm.

Mehdixa

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
in few days ago Battery drainage of my Lumia was very high. But today after 16 hrs its still 100 % !!!. I think the problem maybe with the software which estimates Battery or the battery is really unstable. I dont know.

Ana Rakel Morales

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Well your clock (time) must be going backwards, as the 6% picture's time is 22 minutes before the picture that is showing 100%. Hmmmmm.

What i said is that my 920 went from 100 to 6 and then again to 100 in 20 minutes. you can see the spike in the graph, spike up and spike down.

Last edited:

infin8ty

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, this is really stressful. I am also experiencing this issue with my lumia 920 after replacing digitizer it worked perfectly for about a month then this battery problem came. Ive restored, hard reset a couple of times and also updated to black update and even replaced the battery and still no luck. Once i plug in to charger it says full then when taken out off the charger, after only 5 mins i get the critically low battery message. When i replaced the battery I tested both batteries and theyre both fine and holds 3.7 volts. But once i put them back to the phone, the phone just go to the battery logo with red line. NEED HELP PLEASE!! ANYBODY??

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes