Forbes' Joan Lappin grills Stephen Elop on AT&T's "crummy treatment"

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This was my favorite moment by far. I think the fact that Elop took the entire blame off of ATT is ridiculously brave. Still very glad that someone pointed this out, just wished the ATT ceo was out there.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

What's going to come out of this I wonder?

Well...Joan Lappin probably won't get an invite to any future ATT event.

But that aside, I really commend her braveness for asking the right question. Just wish I could have seen the look on ATTs CEOs face after that.

And also a big hand for Elop who is a class act and produced a perfect response to save face of a crappy ATT partner he is stuck with.

Cellus13

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Elop saw this question coming a mile away. In his position he deals with so much hate that this was nothing. You know the hate of the being the so called "trojan horse" in Nokia which i disagree with and even blamed for Nokia's financial predicament so i'm not surprised that he side stepped and owned this situation. You could see the awkwardness on the stage because they know it's true and it's a problem they REALLY need to tackle. Not just At&t but sales persons PERIOD on all carriers.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I noticed he let slip about another major "launch" by the end of the year. Maybe a true next generation Lumia? :smile:

Noticed that too, but for those who want the 41mp camera, I seriously doubt Nokia would put out another device with it so soon after the 1020. It might be a L920 upgrade with better screen, cpu, etc, but with an 8mp pureview only.

heelo

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Noticed that too, but for those who want the 41mp camera, I seriously doubt Nokia would put out another device with it so soon after the 1020. It might be a L920 upgrade with better screen, cpu, etc, but with an 8mp pureview only.

If I had to bet, I'd say we'll see a couple of 5" 1080p quad-core Lumia 1020 variants coming to Verizon and TMobile.

I used to think they'd do a 6" phablet during the holiday season for GDR3, but now I'm thinking that they'll hold that off until next spring when the Pelican imaging tech is ready.

The natural followup question becomes why AT&T would allow themselves to get stuck with the inferior model? My speculation is that they decided that theyd rather have the L1020 launch right in the summer soft spot between the GS4 and the iPhone/Note3, rather than getting lost in the mix against the holiday season heavyweights. And during the interim they'll have met all the early demand at $299, and will be able to juice some more holiday sales for it by dropping it down to $199.

My take, anyways.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That was among the best things that happened during that presentation, the best was when they announced the phone. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon