【HELP】How to clean the system junk files, please?

Michael_XW

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 928, everything is fine so far.
I just wanna know if there's a way or an app to clean the system junk files, such as pics, downloaded app installation package?
Thanks!:smile:

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to do that. I think it's done automatically :smile:
EDIT: sorry, I'm on wp7, see posts below.

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You can clear temporary files on your phone that are in your 'Other' storage by going to Settings>storage check and clearing your temp files in there.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the current "bugs" in WP. If you search "other storage" you will find plenty of posts and threads about this.

Nokia did release a storage check option that had a "clear temporary storage" button you can press. Unfortuantally, with this "bug" it does not clear out all that is should. For example, I have over 4 GB that I can't get rid of. At this time, the only way to wipe it out is a hard reset.

*I feel like I post this same thing every other day*

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/203595-storage-details-other-category.html

What is "Other" under Storage? - Microsoft Community

Michael_XW

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for you help, I did it just now followed your instruction. But it seems that it can't be done completely. There's always 116M left.
Maybe that's the way it is ^^

Michael_XW

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have 116M that can't get rid of, maybe it's because my phone is still young ......
But hard reset may be a choice so far, since we can backup everything in the Skydrive.
Thanks for the tips ^_^

nabs ben

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
There Is actually an App called storage cleaner on the store, which basically can clear up to 300mb of temp files and others, It worked for me.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have 116M that can't get rid of, maybe it's because my phone is still young ......
But hard reset may be a choice so far, since we can backup everything in the Skydrive.
Thanks for the tips ^_^

No, no everything is backed up.
Some of your phone's settings and your app list will be backed up, but all the settings of apps and your home screen will be lost.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips ^_^

116 Mb is nothing. Don't hard reset for that amount. I promise, its not worth it. I have done it 3 or 4 times. Its not awful, but I only do it when I run out of space or have 5gb or more in other.

Michael_XW

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
116 Mb is nothing. Don't hard reset for that amount. I promise, its not worth it. I have done it 3 or 4 times. Its not awful, but I only do it when I run out of space or have 5gb or more in other.

I'm not rushing it right now ^_^ 116Mb is really not a big deal. I just want a backup plan in case of not enough space.
Thanks ^_^

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
One thing I discovered, the screen freeze bug that becomes unresponsive even on reboots, I found the root cause of it. Don't remove any of the Verizon apps that come on the phone. Its not alot of bloat but the phone hasn't frozen on me since the last reset and didn't touch or remove any of the bloat.

Not a big deal but hey, its stable at least.

christofercoold

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Junk Files are the main reason for Free Disk Space and PC's Slow Speed. There are many Junk file cleaners available and i believe use Disk Cleanup which is inbuilt utility of window. You just go to search programs and files option and type there RUN and enter, then you will see RUN dialog box and in open field type diskcleanup and use that. But if its not 100% effective for you then use Krojam Cleaner. Both are reliable junk file removers for all versions of windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes