Microsoft Online Store - Worst ordering experience of my life

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I placed an order for a Lumia 1020 with the MS store because I'm buying the phone off contract and AT&T makes that very difficult online. I ordered yesterday and everything went through, there was even a preauthorization on my credit card. Today, I receive an e-mail telling me that my order has ben canceled and to contact them if I want to know why. I call and no one knows anything, even after transferring me several times. Each person I get transferred to asks me for the same information all over again.

I give up, place the order again. I notice that it's in "verification". Keep in mind, I'm ordering the device off-contact. I start a chat session to find out what that means and they tell me to call the store. I call the number I'm given and no one can call up my order number. After over an hour on the phone and being transferred three times, I finally get a competent person who understands that the mobile phone orders are handled by a different department and he transfers me. They place me on hold for almost 10 minutes, then come back on and tell me that my order is going to be canceled because it can't be verified.

My credit card info, address, and credit limit are all fine. There's literally not reason that order should have been canceled once, let alone twice. The worst part is, they won't even tell me why "for my security". Needless to say, I will never order from the Microsoft store again. I placed an order with AT&T and that went through just fine.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to order something online when you have the funds and it certainly shouldn't be that difficult to find out what's going on with the order.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
A lot of banks and credit cards block MSN purchases. You have to call them and tell them you are about to make a purchase for them to allow it to go through. That happens to me all the time.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
A lot of banks and credit cards block MSN purchases. You have to call them and tell them you are about to make a purchase for them to allow it to go through. That happens to me all the time.

That wasn't the issue. I had already granted authorization to them during the first order. Otherwise, there never would have been a pending authorization.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
That wasn't the issue. I had already granted authorization to them during the first order. Otherwise, there never would have been a pending authorization.

Eh not sure then, other than that I have had nothing but incredible experiences with the Microsoft Store!

pbaird76

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I bought a laptop in May this year from MicroSoft Online and it died before I had it 30 days. Hard drive was bad. I called MS and they told me I had to go thru ASUS and unfortunately I felt for their assurance that ASUS would make it right. To make a long story short, it was repaired twice and died the day after I got it back (motherboard and hard drive) needed. I had actual possession of the laptop 46 days and ASUS wanted to give me a recertified replacement when they couldn't fix mine 3 different times. Spoke with MS several times (6 or 7 times) once promised a refund but I didn't have laptop ASUS did. Now I have it and MS refuses to call me back. Stay away from both companies. Neither stands behind their products or ones they sell.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought a laptop in May this year from MicroSoft Online and it died before I had it 30 days. Hard drive was bad. I called MS and they told me I had to go thru ASUS and unfortunately I felt for their assurance that ASUS would make it right. To make a long story short, it was repaired twice and died the day after I got it back (motherboard and hard drive) needed. I had actual possession of the laptop 46 days and ASUS wanted to give me a recertified replacement when they couldn't fix mine 3 different times. Spoke with MS several times (6 or 7 times) once promised a refund but I didn't have laptop ASUS did. Now I have it and MS refuses to call me back. Stay away from both companies. Neither stands behind their products or ones they sell.

Well that all has to do with their agreement with Asus. After the return policy is up, it really is up to you to go to the manufacturer. Anything more Microsoft does for you is just them taking a hit and being extra nice when they aren't obligated to.

MRutens

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
The same sad story with me... :( I tried to order Camera Grip for my Lumia 1020 from MS Store. The first time I paid with my PayPal account (I use it to pay for eBay items since 2006 - 8 years already) - the transaction succeeded, my Visa was billed, but after 20 minutes I received e-mail from MS as well as from PayPal telling that the transaction was cancelled (PayPal stated that MS initiated the cancellation of the transaction) and the funds will be returned to my card. The message from MS Store has "Additional information required" in the subject field... I called the number provided and spent another 20 minutes talking and waiting for the explanation that never came - the person on the other end of the line finally told that noone knows why the transaction was cancelled and advised me to try one more time. I tried 5 times more - each time using different payment method (fom my card directly, from another MS account, from different addresses, I even made virtual online Visa...). Every time my card was billed, the money was taken and then - after half an hour to one hour - returned to my card's (or account's) balance with no explanation - just the same e-mail message: "Order was cancelled, we refunded your payment. To find out why, please, call..."

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 1020 from Ebay/Paypal, but I've never had an issue purchasing from the online store. This year, I've purchased at least a 1020 grip and a Surface Pro through the Microsoft Online Store. It all went terrific, including a great deal that included free two-day delivery on the Surface. BTW, Microsoft's full-refund return policy for most products is 45 days, not 30, and you can send it back or take it to a store. (Best Buy's is down to 15 days.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes