Which color did you get or do you plan on getting?

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Got to be yellow - normally I like my phones dark and minimalist looking but since the 1020 camera chassis sticks out, I kind of want to show it off/make a statement out of it.

Love the fact it's MATTE yellow - looks much better than the glossy yellow on the 920.

Last edited:

ChuckOp

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Got to be yellow - normally I like my phones dark and minimalist looking but since the 1020 camera chassis sticks out, I kind of want to show it off/make a statement out of it. Love the matte yellow - looks much better than the glossy yellow on the 920.

Exactly. I didn't want White because people would think its a iPhone. I have a black 920 and its boring.

I had a cyan 900 and liked that a lot. I have a cyan JBL PowerUp as well.

I wanted red, but that's not available yet.

I figured I'd "settle" for white, but when I was in the store, the yellow looked great and I'm not a fan of yellow generally.

It's not the canary yellow that I was expecting, its muted and has a hint of greenish tinge to the yellow. Others might disagree.

I got the yellow and choose the Lime theme color to reinforce the hint of green in the body color.

So far I'm liking the color.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I didn't want White because people would think its a iPhone. I have a black 920 and its boring.

I had a cyan 900 and liked that a lot. I have a cyan JBL PowerUp as well.

I wanted red, but that's not available yet.

I figured I'd "settle" for white, but when I was in the store, the yellow looked great and I'm not a fan of yellow generally.

It's not the canary yellow that I was expecting, its muted and has a hint of greenish tinge to the yellow. Others might disagree.

I got the yellow and choose the Lime theme color to reinforce the hint of green in the body color.

So far I'm liking the color.

Yeah red would've been my first choice too. I'm in the UK, so don't actually have one yet (damnit...) but won't be patient enough to wait for a red (if it ever comes) so yellow it is.

I used to dive and this sounds a bit random but it kind of reminds me of a lot of the yellow underwater camera equipment we used to use......definitely refreshing and fun.

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I chose Yellow, though I really would've chosen red if that were an option. And it was painful to see that leaked photo appear which meant that there's going to be a decent chance someone somewhere is going to offer red soon. I figure that if that happens, somewhere I'll be able to get a replacement red shell as a part and just swap the innards into it. :) Though I'm also hoping a matte red isn't going to appeal to me as much as I really wanted that glossy red.

anon(27512)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies (keep them coming!). Really surprised to see people digging the yellow, nothing wrong with that of course. I'm leaning towards black myself. I think the yellow looks great but I think it would look weird if you had any other tile color than yellow set.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I really, really like the matte yellow and the contrast between the black camera circle. Never would have it worked if it was glossy yellow imo. In a other hand I would have accepted glossy red.

I'm not sure if the matte cyan from N9, 800 (and possibly 900) would have been a good match for Lumia 1020, but damn that color was sweet on my Lumia 800. Hopefully they bring it back.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I got a yellow one. Here's a pic I took as I was getting it ready (and still using my 920).

Edit: I'm using a blue tile right now, but purple also looked pretty good. There's quite a few color options that look great with yellow, so don't feel like you're stuck. ;)

WP_20130726_001.jpg

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow that yellow does look nice. Btw looking at your icon to they still make bawls?

Yes, but it's hard to find in stores, anymore. I know a place in OKC was selling it up until I moved (place is a little diner just outside of Edmond, OK called "Pops"). That was a year ago, though, so I have no idea if they're still stocked. At this point, if you want some, you have to order it online from ThinkGeek or the such.

Edit: I've found a place in Dallas that sells them. They have a locator map on their site here: LOCATOR ? BAWLS

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I wish they would have released the L920 and 1020 in cyan globally lol, white for me I like the contrast between the black lens and the white matte finish. However unless come September they announce a cyan version on O2 I'd get that in a heart beat, if GDR3 doesn't bring any appealing devices around that time frame. As my contract is up for renewal in October - have a sim only plan with unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1gb data (which is not enough lol) for ?20 pcm. Yellow although a nice and vibrant colour, but i prefer understated. I guess working in an office for so long I've become institutionalised by bland colours :grincry:

aggie

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I got yellow but considering returning for a black. Worried about how dirty this thing will look after 6 months of using it. Not sure the odds are very good with two young kids and I work in construction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes