FM radio works!

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I am new to WP8 and just purchased a 520 from the AT&T store. As I was exploring the phone, I clicked on XBox Music+Videos app. Under "collection", I tapped radio. I received a No Antenna message. I plugged in my headphones, and lo and behold, FM radio was functional!!!! I just learned that the AT&T version already has the Amber update and GDR2. What a great surprise!

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am new to WP8 and just purchased a 520 from the AT&T store. As I was exploring the phone, I clicked on XBox Music+Videos app. Under "collection", I tapped radio. I received a No Antenna message. I plugged in my headphones, and lo and behold, FM radio was functional!!!! I thought I had to wait for the Amber update to get FM radio, but it looks like that isn't necessary. What a great surprise!
That's cool. I'm glad it's already working for you.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but I can't figure out how to shut the radio off! It looks like something might be hidden under the station selection bar that might show on a bigger screen, but I had to reboot the phone to close the radio. I could only pause it otherwise.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but I can't figure out how to shut the radio off! It looks like something might be hidden under the station selection bar that might show on a bigger screen, but I had to reboot the phone to close the radio. I could only pause it otherwise.

yes fm can only be paused

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
yes fm can only be paused

All music apps are like that, whether you're playing local music from the phone, streaming Pandora, listening to FM, etc. Once you start listening, whenever you touch the volume buttons a little submenu slides down showing Skip Back, Play and Skip Forward, along with volume setting and the last music you were listening to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar