Skydrive vs AT&T Locker? Confused

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Newbie to WP8 and almost one week with my 1020. Really enjoying the OS and the 1020. I never used my phone camera much, so really had the need to save my photos elsewhere, but with the 1020 I plan on taking more pictures. So, when I started using the 1020 I signed up for the AT&T Locker, but I also notice Skydrive is available. Is one better than the other? I have had a few issues with Locker, so does Skydrive work better? Would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.....already had the free 50GB and went ahead and set up the SkyDrive in case the Locker has issues. Looks like SkyDrive comes with a free 7GB? If the Locker works well, hard to beat the 50GB. Thanks again for the info.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.....already had the free 50GB and went ahead and set up the SkyDrive in case the Locker has issues. Looks like SkyDrive comes with a free 7GB? If the Locker works well, hard to beat the 50GB. Thanks again for the info.
I got 25GB SkyDrive, since I had an account prior to March 2012.

I believe one is able to get additional free SkyDrive storage if he/she subscribes to Office365.

annchez

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Is the "other" storage bug when uploading pictures to SkyDrive fixed? Had to do a hard reset on my 810 because I had over 4gb of "other" and couldn't even open any apps because I ended up with no free space at all. Still hasn't turned it on auto upload on my 1020.

If it's still not fixed, does anyone know whether this is specifically for SkyDrive uploads only or for all uploads including AT&T Locker?

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Wondering the same. Also, I'm going to guess you can upload full res photos manually via PC connection to SkyDrive.
Is the "other" storage bug when uploading pictures to SkyDrive fixed? Had to do a hard reset on my 810 because I had over 4gb of "other" and couldn't even open any apps because I ended up with no free space at all. Still hasn't turned it on auto upload on my 1020.

If it's still not fixed, does anyone know whether this is specifically for SkyDrive uploads only or for all uploads including AT&T Locker?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit