Rogers GDR2 Update....Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it means anything, but I did message Nicolas today and received a reply that no date is set, but he did confirm that the update is in testing, so we know it is at least that far along.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it means anything, but I did message Nicolas today and received a reply that no date is set, but he did confirm that the update is in testing, so we know it is at least that far along.
Wow! Ok, I've sent a tweet to Rogershelps and Nicolas replied but didn't mention that. Hope that it is in testing!

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
7h Hi, I'm afraid I haven't hear anything back at this time. The update is still being tested prior to beiing released.

That's the message.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Carrier testing is typically a couple of weeks so end of the month sounds reasonable.
testing for what the fm radio?? Really if it were a bad or faulty update guess what Nokia would not have made it .nokia tested it already why does the carrier have to test it too makes no sense if gdr2 could not run on att they would not be selling the 1020

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
testing for what the fm radio?? Really if it were a bad or faulty update guess what Nokia would not have made it .nokia tested it already why does the carrier have to test it too makes no sense if gdr2 could not run on att they would not be selling the 1020

Ask the HTC owners with bricked 8x's or the Ativ users who have to hard reset to get DataSense.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
yeah like they tested 1308 before releasing to carriers?

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
So according to Nokia's website availability Amber is coming soon to Rogers, where everyone else is either waiting for approval or available :(

I assume waiting for approval is farther along than coming soon.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well apparently the update is live in many countries now, almost sounds like its bypassing the carriers all together. I wonder if Nokia and Microsoft are pushing it out and carriers can update their firmware at their own pace

eurochick47

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but people with a Rogers 920 without GRD2... I see the Nokia Pro Cam/Smart Cam/Video Trimmer/Video Uploader in the store. I saw it a few days ago too, but then it randomly disappeared (well, and the Smart Cam said it wasn't available for my phone - now it is). I thought these apps were only for people with GRD2? I want them, but do not want to risk having my phone glitch. I thought GRD2 was supposed to "unlock" the higher ISO feature available on Nokia Pro Cam...? So confused. Help!

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but people with a Rogers 920 without GRD2... I see the Nokia Pro Cam/Smart Cam/Video Trimmer/Video Uploader in the store. I saw it a few days ago too, but then it randomly disappeared (well, and the Smart Cam said it wasn't available for my phone - now it is). I thought these apps were only for people with GRD2? I want them, but do not want to risk having my phone glitch. I thought GRD2 was supposed to "unlock" the higher ISO feature available on Nokia Pro Cam...? So confused. Help!

Positive that you need the Amber update, which is basically tied to GDR2.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well on another post, sombody and I got the same response from a RogersHelps twitter account that the update was being tested...that was yesterday or the day before...We can only wait for the update...is it here now....nope...LOL!....and now....nope....LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6