Lumia 925 Infinite Gears Loop after reset!!

ksmithservices

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
So my scroll started to act weird. I would pull down or up in text, email or Start screen and I would get a lag on the first pull. It would actually jump up a little before actually going the direction I ask. Didn't affect productivity... But was an eye-sore.

So I decided to do a (settings-about-reset your phone?) factory reset.

I was greeted by the gears spinning.... And spinning. Its been hours. This isn't my first WP. So I know its not normal.

The phone is 3 days old....

Tomorrow I will bring it to T-Mobile but thought id shine this awful light on you WPcentralers.

Any advice while I am stuck with it? I'd like to get it working if I can...

Thanks.

PS. AMAZING PHONE. I owned the HTC HD7, HTC 8X and now 925. Best yet.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
People have reported that when it gets stuck, sometimes you need to wait it out (overnight)

you can also try doing a power button +volume down till phone reboots

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So my scroll started to act weird. I would pull down or up in text, email or Start screen and I would get a lag on the first pull. It would actually jump up a little before actually going the direction I ask. Didn't affect productivity... But was an eye-sore.

So I decided to do a (settings-about-reset your phone?) factory reset.

I was greeted by the gears spinning.... And spinning. Its been hours. This isn't my first WP. So I know its not normal.

The phone is 3 days old....

Tomorrow I will bring it to T-Mobile but thought id shine this awful light on you WPcentralers.

Any advice while I am stuck with it? I'd like to get it working if I can...

Thanks.

PS. AMAZING PHONE. I owned the HTC HD7, HTC 8X and now 925. Best yet.

When this happened to me I waited a whole night, next morning still spinning, I did the soft reset a couple times and went to school and at the end of the day it finished...

So the only advice I can give you is soft reset and have patience...

ksmithservices

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
When this happened to me I waited a whole night, next morning still spinning, I did the soft reset a couple times and went to school and at the end of the day it finished...

So the only advice I can give you is soft reset and have patience...

hrm. I did the soft reset and the screen flickered and then it said it was charging (in off mode). After a few min it went to gears again... About 10min after that it gave me the welcome screen.

Now to see if the glitch is still there... I can't rele tell considering its installing 150+ lol. I'll update if the lag issue disappeared. This is strange...

I'm going to T-Mobile anyhow to get insurance before the 2 weeks is up. Justtt innn caseee! :) I hate warranty replacements. I'd rather TMO hand me a new one and say have a nice day..

Thanks for the feedback. This really is a great community. And the app is great. I never feel alone when it comes to my windows phone. WPC is like a 24/7 support team! Congrats fellows! Happy user since HD7 Launched WP7 :)

<3

ksmithservices

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
People have reported that when it gets stuck, sometimes you need to wait it out (overnight)

you can also try doing a power button +volume down till phone reboots

Thanks buddy, I think I have resurrected the issue doing this.

The main thing is, are others going to experience this lag? I use the phone on light-duty. No gaming or anything.

Thanks

ksmithservices

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: so, its been a day and everything seems smooth. Lag stopped. So I am still getting the insurance because that came out of nowhere and can very well happen again.
Thanks WPC.

anthonykash

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Ya took mine 45 minutes to reset. Only take 5 minutes to flash with the Nokia utility on the internet. Go figure

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

MAFouad

May 30, 2013
Visit site
here is a solution I've tried it my self and it worked
first press the vol- button + power button till the phone vibrate
the phone will restart
now we're gonna do a hard reset
while on Nokia logo
inbut the following key compination
volume up
volume down
power
volume down
do it twice just to make sure

ksmithservices

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
here is a solution I've tried it my self and it worked
first press the vol- button + power button till the phone vibrate
the phone will restart
now we're gonna do a hard reset
while on Nokia logo
inbut the following key compination
volume up
volume down
power
volume down
do it twice just to make sure

what made you try this? Seems like a coincidence to me... I soft reset normally and it worked fine

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
ksmithservices - the sequence...
Vol Up
Vol Down
Power
Vol Down
is one described by Nokia. See https://expertcentre.nokia.com/en/articles/faqs/Pages/Resetting-Windows-Phone-8-When-the-Phone-Is-Unresponsive.aspx#

I'm currently trying it from the Nokia screen as described by MAFouad

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: so, its been a day and everything seems smooth. Lag stopped. So I am still getting the insurance because that came out of nowhere and can very well happen again.
Thanks WPC.

Might as well make sure you get jump if you did the $24/month. Same price and can upgrade.

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
My experience and theory on what's going on....

I initially left for maybe an hour or so after a factory reset (aka "hard reset") done via the UI.
Read stuff on web.
Took out SIM (I don't think this has any effect).
Hard reset via buttons. Left for several hours. Battery flattened.
Plugged into power, did another hard reset via buttons.
Left overnight plus several more hours. Cogs still spinning.
Another hard reset. Left for several hours.
Rebooted via "soft reset" via other button procedure (pressing and holding volume-down + power). Left for 15 mins.
Soft reset again. Left for 15 mins.
Soft reset again. Left for 15 mins.
Soft reset again. Left for 3 hours.
Soft reset again ..... it's back! (after the time it took to take a shower)

There may be a slight inaccuracy in the above, but you get the impression.

My theory: the repeated hard reset just starts the procedure again - probably only need to do once. But at some point it gets into a state where it's just stuck. Doing a reboot (soft reset) afterwards makes it get through a stage (maybe like installing/upgrading software/operating systems ... they sometimes need several reboots, but it tells you to do it). Several soft resets may be required.

Jamie Lowery

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
thank u I have been doing this for days but, they did not tell me to do it why the nokia screen was on ........ the gears are turning now but what happens after that idk!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes