How to offload pictures when traveling?

gregdfw

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It's inconceivable to me that Nokia would produce a 41 megpixel camera with NO convenient mass storage. No SD card, no external micro-usb device - nothing. What are we supposed to do when traveling? Given my data plan, I'm not about to spend 100's of euros for 41 meg shots to the cloud. What options has any one heard about or where do we make this issue known?

EchoRedux

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
you can't transfer them to cloud or surface even if you wanted to, only cable transfer them to your PC

To clarify:
1) I think the OP is talking about unloading pictures while traveling, where I doubt he has access to a PC.
2) A surface is a PC and yes, you can transfer pictures to the surface via cable.
3) AT&T locker apparently backs up the larger files, though I have yet to download the app.

Since the OP doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg in data fees, AT&T locker is not an option. I'd just recommend taking 5 MP photos. 2500 photos would be around 16GB and the device is a 32 GB device.

Sebsweden

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Can a droid-device read a Lumia like a PC can? If that's the case, just bring along a cheap little droid-phone with a 64Gb micro-sd, hook them up with a usb-cable, and just transfer the files to the droids microsd. I like to shoot videos on my vacation, and that can really fill up any harddrive. Maybe someone could try it out and see if it works (haven't got my 1020 yet)

Sebsweden

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Ins't the best idea to just offload the pictures/video to a cheap/small droid-phone (no sim, just microsd)? Hook them up with a usb-cable and transfer the files. Droids can read a windowsphone right? (can't try it out myself, haven't got my 1020 yet)

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
See, for a camera centric smartphone this is unacceptable.. they should've either put an SD card slot or 64gb memory in there.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Do you actually expect to fill up your available storage while traveling? If you do plan accordingly but maybe the simple solution is that this phone isn't the right tool for this task. Even with an SD card those pics are going to have to be transferred to a PC if you estimate to use a lot of storage so it seems you can easily resolve this with a companion tablet if you won't have access to a trusted PC or use another phone/camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon