Poor Battery Life Since Amber Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Use SysApp Pusher to install Access Point. Settings > Access Point, and use it to switch profiles LTE1 or LTE2 (in case you have MMS issues on either). Fixed.

jills4824

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
4G -- woaah - we Indian's are yet to get 4G here .. so am on 2G all time except for the time when I want to download - thats why I toggle to 3G :( .. Got SysApp Pusher ( silly me just forgot about it :excited: ).. 5 hrs off charger and probably calls of 45 mins duration later am on 89% with 2G data on and the battery meter says 1 day & 11 hrs to go .... so may be its got something to do with resetting ( which seems like mandatory - post amber update ) to fix it .. Lost my Xbox achievements :unhappysweat: but dont mind as long as phone is stable

India here too !

jills4824

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
damm my phone got bricked while trying to factory reset.., i just flashed it back to portico downloading the gdr2+amber now and perhaps would factory reset again lul...:p

Faced the same thing .. basic reason which I find is if you have too much data on your phone .. the probability of your phone getting bricked is high while hard-resetting it.

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Faced the same thing .. basic reason which I find is if you have too much data on your phone .. the probability of your phone getting bricked is high while hard-resetting it.
exactly i had just 5 gb free space and then factory reset bricked it....
anyways i was successful in flashing to portico then get the amber and then a factory reset again ;D
need to test the battery performance now

jills4824

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
exactly i had just 5 gb free space and then factory reset bricked it....
anyways i was successful in flashing to portico then get the amber and then a factory reset again ;D
need to test the battery performance now

Cool that is ! .. Mine took around 6-7 hours & after several soft resets etc it came back to life. Thereafter I did one more hard-reset just to be sure that nothing is corrupted which actually went well without any problems.

kavita10

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Cool that is ! .. Mine took around 6-7 hours & after several soft resets etc it came back to life. Thereafter I did one more hard-reset just to be sure that nothing is corrupted which actually went well without any problems.

now the crazy phone warms up while surfing on 2G .. even for 10 minutes and is surprisingly cool on 3G:confused: man this phone is driving me nuts.. battery consumption def higher on 3g but how can it stay cool ... any clues ???

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, nothing solved this terrible battery drain issue after the amber update.
I did a hard reset via the "settings" option.
My phone got stuck on the "turning cogs" forever. I used this method to resurrect my phone. Thanks god, woke up.
After the update, I noticed that the photo of the "me tile" was much sharper than before as mentioned in some post on wpcentral.
I now felt more comfortable that the firmware has been properly installed as this should have been corrected with the first amber update.
I updated all the settings options using an app similar to Lumia Pusher, and now I have amber on my phone, with all features such as double tap to wake and glance etc.
Now my battery drain is better than before. Yay!

jills4824

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
now the crazy phone warms up while surfing on 2G .. even for 10 minutes and is surprisingly cool on 3G:confused: man this phone is driving me nuts.. battery consumption def higher on 3g but how can it stay cool ... any clues ???

In my case it heats up on 3G and stays warm on 2G. Battery life in both cases is slightly different. No matter which mode but if I use an app say for eg. Whatsapp, the battery drain is huge on both .. somewhere around 20% per hour. I guess the hardware is a problem. Now thinking of uninstalling the 'Battery' app.

kavita10

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
In my case it heats up on 3G and stays warm on 2G. Battery life in both cases is slightly different. No matter which mode but if I use an app say for eg. Whatsapp, the battery drain is huge on both .. somewhere around 20% per hour. I guess the hardware is a problem. Now thinking of uninstalling the 'Battery' app.

Update Time: Remived Battery App but installed Battery Monitor w/i voice .. Phone has been on 19% for the last 3 hrs with 2G network on, light surfing , couple of downloads done thru 3G and app says about 9 more hours to go :confused: ... very very confused, phone throws a curve ball...

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
alright after factory reset my battery seems to have improved..
the battery is now just the same as the potico update, atleast for me....

Raghav Grover

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Well my battery before amber at least used to give 24 hours and on 3G close to 18 hours as i am heavy user. Post Amber even with glance off and every other thing like locations etc , i was getting 6-7 hours back up on 3G and close to 11-12 hours on H/H+. I got my battery replaced today with a new one for free ( nokia is great replaced for free for battery older than 6 months ). I'll check how battery backup is now , if it's not good i'll also try to reset it to factory settings. Does anyone else after resetting found battery life improved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon