Amber bricked my phone

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I installed Amber OTA update for my phone (Red Lumia 920, Finnish model). It installed normally but afterwards mobile data and wlan stopped working. I tried several reboots but that didn't fix it.

I thought that factory reset would help but it bricked my phone! Spinning cog wheels for hours until I tried to soft reboot. Didn't help, after that I did hard reboot. Now it has red charging logo despite being charged for hours. Sometimes when I connect it to the computer and do hard reset it goes to cog wheels again, nothing happens after that. If I press both volume up and down there's cog and lightning bolt on screen.

I had an idea to flash French Amber ROM to to phone but there's a problem. Nokia Care Suite doesn't recognize the phone. I tried all the drivers on Care Suite folder. If phone has cog and bolt it shows as unknown device in Windows 7 x64. With red charging logo computer doesn't see the phone at all. My phone has slight crack on screen so warranty is gone, I need to do this myself. How can I bring my 920 back to life?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The last (and technically only) hard reset I did left me with the spinning cog of death for nearly 8 hours! Then, magically, it just started working again. I say let those cogs spin while you contact Nokia support.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Unplug the phone and let it drain until there's no power left and you can't turn it on. Then plug it in and leave it alone. If it is still stuck on the gears then do a hard reboot.

This is just one of many procedures that have reportedly worked for some but not others. There are countless variations as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander