Rocking my New Ativ S Neo - extended

premsta

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
My previous phone was an HTC Arrive running 7.8 (via seven-eighter), which I loved. The Neo is a huge step up.

• it looks nice - a sort of slate blue with chrome edges and a slate blue back with a subtle pattern - comparing to my wife's Galaxy S3, it is a bit more squared off on the corners - I think this looks a little more "business-like" and less "fun".
  • it feels nice in my hand (average size male hand)...not too big, although it is a slight stretch to reach the back button with my thumb if trying to do this one-handed.
  • processing seems very quick - web pages that used to take a longer time to load on the HTC now load very quickly.
  • the screen resolution and size is the same as my wife's Galaxy S3 and is quite spacious. Hers is an amoled, this is TFT. Quite frankly, I see very little difference. The color holds up well on this from all viewing angles (the HTC would color shift depending on the angle). I do notice that at certain angles, blacks tend to turn deep charcoal grey, but certainly not when viewing face-on. After using this phone for just ten minutes while transferring necessary stuff over from my Arrive, the Arrive started to seem quite puny.
  • sound is excellent through the headphones and playing through my car tape deck.
  • loudspeaker sound is adequate for ring tones, but isn't much of an improvement over the Arrive speaker
  • it takes a little while to get used to the physical home button vs. the AC button on the Arrive and other Win phones. It is second nature for me to tap the home area--now I have to remember to press it.
  • battery life seems pretty good so far, except when playing Halo Spartan Assault, but that's too be expected.

Overall, it's a nice upgrade from my Arrive...it is nice to be within the Windows Phone 8 ecosystem now.

---Prem

premsta

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
yes, it has GDR2 preinstalled. However, I do not have FM Radio still...I understand there is an issue with Samsung Ativ S (and S Neo) and FM under GDR2.

---Prem

Derghkage

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
yes, it has GDR2 preinstalled. However, I do not have FM Radio still...I understand there is an issue with Samsung Ativ S (and S Neo) and FM under GDR2.

---Prem

Had been looking for info about FM, I was looking for it on my Neo but couldn't find. Any word if this will be fixed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes