Low resolution when texting photos or upload.

Rob Andr

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am not talking about the 5mp shots the phone creates. When my wife uploades or mms a picture or video they are terrible. Is there something in the settings I need to adjust? If I send it to my phone over bluetooth is looks amazing still. Little background my wife Has been using iPhone since day one. After the new update on her five she said that is it.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, there should be quality settings if you use auto-upload to SkyDrive via settings>backup.

MMS has always been a blurred mess, Facebook a bit less so.

It may have something to do with your internet. Otherwise, try uploading via the SkyDrive app and see what happens.

Also, large videos WILL be compressed.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't help on videos. Even sending videos over email compressed them terribly. When I want to send a quality photo, I use the Grin App. It seems to upload at high quality and it will give you a link to the image. I just send whoever the link.

ImagoX

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This thread reminds me: Photos on the 1020 are stored at full size, right (41MP)? How do I get the full-sized images out of the phone for later editing? Are backed-up images (using the Windows Phone Desktop App) stored in full-size and can be accessed from the backup, or should they be manually Copied into a PC directory? Some other method?

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The sensor on the 1020 is 41MP. Full-res images are 38MP for 4:3 aspect ratio and 33.5MP for 16:9. To get them out of the phone, you can connect the phone to a computer and copy the files. The phone shows up to Windows as a device you can copy files to/from, so I just do it that way. I don't know if the Windows Phone desktop app can handle this. I've never used it and don't plan to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire