Lumia 920 battery life worse after Amber

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
god, I'm glad I did not update! my battery is still absolute rubbish and will INCREASE after I reboot the phone (I'm talking big increases like 30-50%) I will update in january hopefully to wp8.1 and if that doesn't solve theproblem I'll ditch my wp and buy a googl edition android or yet another iphone, this is fukcing unacceptable.

Android or for that matter iPhones have similar battery issues if not worse. My bro has an iPhone 5 and I know how long his battery lasts. The only reason I am kinda complaining is that, since my Nokia phones had always had a great battery life, I expected the same. iPhone 5 or Galaxy S3 don't last more than 12-14 hours from what I know. Correct me if i am wrong.

Bull1shbuy3r

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
you are right, even tho I doubt iphones have worst battery, maybe similar issues in some cases (I had an iphone4). Anyways I would be glad if I could get 12 hours out of my 920

milanngo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed any significant difference in terms of battery life after the update actually. But I think it might be slightly better since now I'm running one more app in the background (Glance). My settings:

- LTE/4G on/off depending on WiFi availability
- WiFi on all the time
- Location services off
- 3 apps running in background (AccuWeather, Battery Sense & WeChat)
- Gmail syncs every 15 mins
- Glance background: interval

I got approx. 16-18 hrs per charge cycle for my AT&T Lumia 920 RM-820 :)

Pryce Dearien

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem with the nokia lumia 920 battery, today, my phone showed 9% of battery left, I plugged in my phone and turned it off. The phone turned back on and it showed 63% of battery left, now can anybody tell me how that could have happened, because I have no idea. I updated my phone to GDR2 when it was ready for the U.S.

Bull1shbuy3r

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I havent updated to gdr2 but have this same exact thing happening since day 1, I find it SO BLOODY annoying!! it is the stupid wp8 that is not able to actually calculate how much battery is left, absolutely pathetic, I have not been able to find a solution.

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem with the nokia lumia 920 battery, today, my phone showed 9% of battery left, I plugged in my phone and turned it off. The phone turned back on and it showed 63% of battery left, now can anybody tell me how that could have happened, because I have no idea. I updated my phone to GDR2 when it was ready for the U.S.

That happens to me as well though it's in the opposite way, my battery level drops after restarting the phone, so I usually try not to when i have low battery. I agree that the Windows software is at fault, cos i remember something similar happened with iPhone 4 when their battery levels dropped really fast.

But on the other hand, my phone has been running for the past 45 hours :cool: . 2-3 hours of talk time, 3-4 hours of Wifi, 2-3 hours of gaming. Just to see whether it would last. And my battery consumption has gone down to 0.8 percent when I am not using it which is how it was pre-Amber.
Still have around 33 percent battery left :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon