Nokia 1020 Blurry edges on photos and rattling when shaking the phone

simme_90

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I recently bought a Nokia 1020 and i suspect that there are something wrong with the camera. The quality of the photos that i take are, in my opinion, nowhere near the ones you can se in reviews and those released by Nokia.

To me it looks like it's only the middle part of every photo that is correctly focused. The edges are very blurry. I have no case on the phone, no dirt on the lens and i have tried to reset the camera and reboot, no difference.

I will attach some photos on which I think you can see it clearly. The images are very sharp in the middle but when you move towards the edges it quickly becomes blurry. Both pictures are taken in daylight with Nokia Pro Cam, all settings on auto.

The pictures are the high resolution version:
FileSnack | Easy file sharing
FileSnack | Easy file sharing

Is this really normal, i can't recall that I have had these issues on point-and-shoot cameras?

I also noticed that there are a rattling sound when i shake the phone or put it down on a table. I know that the lens is suspended in a "ball-bearing" so this is normal if the camera app are closed, however I get this sound even when the camera app is open and the camera has locked focus. I'm pretty sure the sound is coming from the camera optics. Is this normal?

//Simon

Wabby80

May 27, 2013
Visit site
It's bearings and normal for the Nokia. They have also tweeted about it...

Having that said, my camera was as god as dead on arrival. So I'm very sceptical to the buildquality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2