Green Photos

Popcorn-Billy

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
All,

It makes no difference which Nokia "Camera" I use. The photos all turn out with a strong lime green tint. I've tried three 1020s now and am about to give up. I took a picture of friends in their living room, which was cream with neutral earth tone colors. It came out green on green. I took another of friends in a sand beige painted classroom. The walls came out a sickly lime green.

The only commonality in both situations was that one person in each grouping was wearing lime green, so I went back to the classroom to try again. With the classroom empty, the photo still came out lime green.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bill

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
This is a big problem with the Nokia Pro Cam app. This is related also to the amber firmware and needs Nokia to fix this. Nokia are you listening. Please fix the poor white balance of JPEGs especially under higher ISO

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any such issue with my phone. Greens tend to get boosted but it doesn't affect the other colors. I've only seen tendency towards yellow tint but it is not a persistent effect which can be removed if you frame it a little differently.

Popcorn-Billy

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Blue1k,

So I'm not nuts after all. The tests that I've seen posted on the L1020 must have been done per-Amber, because those tests glow with praise for the phone's photographic prowess. Those reports wouldn't come from me, sadly.

I'm off the the AT&T store in the morning in search of a remedy. That remedy may come in the form of an iPhone 5s.

Bill

Popcorn-Billy

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any such issue with my phone. Greens tend to get boosted but it doesn't affect the other colors. I've only seen tendency towards yellow tint but it is not a persistent effect which can be removed if you frame it a little differently.

I was hunting for a point-and-shoot that I could be a bit creative with. I don't want have to move my friends to a different venue to photograph them. It could, I suppose, be a flash issue. Admittedly in both circumstances I mentioned, one of the subjects was wearing a lime green shirt. In both, the green tint spread across the entire photo. I thought it may be a Amoled screen induced tint but the tint was still in the photos after I downloaded them to my iMac. I found it difficult to remove the tint with iPhoto. I don't want to have to process every snapshot before sharing it.

Bill

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Blue1k,

So I'm not nuts after all. The tests that I've seen posted on the L1020 must have been done per-Amber, because those tests glow with praise for the phone's photographic prowess. Those reports wouldn't come from me, sadly.

I'm off the the AT&T store in the morning in search of a remedy. That remedy may come in the form of an iPhone 5s.

Bill

I'm pretty sure it is not something common for the 1020; and in fact 1020's have always come with the Amber update. You can check out the many sample 1020 shots shared here at WPC or Flickr, there's no persistent green issue. In any case, suggest you get in touch with Juha Alakarhu on Twitter to forward him the sample pictures. He's quite responsive on things like this, and if its software (as it should be if its not persistent) then its something easily fixable. In any case, have you tried manually setting the White Balance, since the auto WB might have been fooled by certain cues in the scene. Its worked for me to rectify color issues.

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was hunting for a point-and-shoot that I could be a bit creative with. I don't want have to move my friends to a different venue to photograph them. It could, I suppose, be a flash issue. Admittedly in both circumstances I mentioned, one of the subjects was wearing a lime green shirt. In both, the green tint spread across the entire photo. I thought it may be a Amoled screen induced tint but the tint was still in the photos after I downloaded them to my iMac. I found it difficult to remove the tint with iPhoto. I don't want to have to process every snapshot before sharing it.

Bill

What I meant with framing it a little differently is that sometimes all it takes is just shifting the camera very slightly that you can see a different color scheme being selected through the viewfinder. Not sure if it would work in your particular case, but its worked a few times for me and doesn't require any significant movements to the camera, let alone the placement of your subjects. For majority of cases, I found that manual WB can do the job as well.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with mine indoors. White balance is skewed. But I noticed slightly less yellowing with the new camera. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes