AT&T 520 as replacement for contract phone?

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I was wondering if I bought the 520 go phone if it could be used with an existing number as a replacement for a busted contract phone.

My mother has this pantech she got on contract about 6 months ago and has shattered the screen on it. Since she didn't have insurance and isn't eligible for an upgrade, could she just get a go phone and use that with the same number/contract instead?

I should probably just ask AT&T this question, but then again dealing with AT&T isn't exactly high on my list of things I'd like to do..

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So I was wondering if I bought the 520 go phone if it could be used with an existing number as a replacement for a busted contract phone.

My mother has this pantech she got on contract about 6 months ago and has shattered the screen on it. Since she didn't have insurance and isn't eligible for an upgrade, could she just get a go phone and use that with the same number/contract instead?

I should probably just ask AT&T this question, but then again dealing with AT&T isn't exactly high on my list of things I'd like to do..

Here is how to do it:

1. Buy Lumia 520.
2. Remove AT&T SIM card from busted contract phone.
3. Insert SIM card into Lumia 520.
4. Enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It'll work. The 520 uses a MicroSIM though. So you'll want to call them and switch her over to the new SIM. I was actually able to do it over live chat and was okay within 5 minutes.

Neusyn

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Just did this myself. I dropped my Lumia 900 off my balcony and shattered the screen panel (not the glass) so it doesn't display a thing. I don't qualify for an upgrade until 8/2014 and it would cost $125 to get another 900 that runs wp7, so I spent $80 at Radioshack and got a 520 and all I had to do was put my SIM into the 520 and it worked, the only is that GoPhones don't have LTE afaik. Which isn't a big deal if you are near WiFi often.

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just did this myself. I dropped my Lumia 900 off my balcony and shattered the screen panel (not the glass) so it doesn't display a thing. I don't qualify for an upgrade until 8/2014 and it would cost $125 to get another 900 that runs wp7, so I spent $80 at Radioshack and got a 520 and all I had to do was put my SIM into the 520 and it worked, the only is that GoPhones don't have LTE afaik. Which isn't a big deal if you are near WiFi often.

GoPhones can now have LTE. But the 520's hardware doesn't support it anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2