Recent quick battery drain

aftershockEWS

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So, just this Tuesday, I updated my 920 to AMBER.
I had opened up Nokia maps to look for an address that morning, but never closed the app.
By mid day, my battery was drained.
I thought it may have been the app being open and location services on.
So I turned off location services, closed app, rebooted phone.
Wednesday, same issue. Phone was warm all day, but I had no apps running, battery was drained by noon.
So I turned off WiFi and unchecked any features associated with it.

I will see how today goes and report back.
Never had this issue before the update.

THE_Lawnboy

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So any results to report?

I didn't notice any unusual change in battery life after initially upgrading to Amber, but over the past week or so it seems to have become a problem for my phone too. I started this morning with a full charge (around 7:30). By 9:30 I was at 74%. All I had done was download some app updates via Wifi, used my SBUX to get a couple cups of coffee, looked at the Bloomberg app (I left that one "open") and bam! A quarter of my battery gone. Something is weird.

aftershockEWS

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
When the battery drained Wednesday around noon, I placed on the car charger until about 3:30 when I left the job and went home. When I got home I did turn WiFi back on, did a few things over the internet and holstered the phone up until I placed it on the charger overnight.

Today I had the same issue. Battery drained by noon even though I had not used the phone yet. Now I remembered I had turned on WiFi the evening before, so I turned off WiFi, placed it on the car charger and onced charged up, I rebooted the device. No issues for the rest of the day.

I cannot believe it should be the WiFi causing this.

Dragon Queen

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed this also, however the strangest thing with mine is that it is discharging while on the charging plate after it shows hitting full charge it will go down to about half battery. I have rebooted a couple times in the last week which is very odd. But it didn't start till after gdr2 and amber update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon