How to install .xap files on lumia 920?

Hemanth sanam

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Is it okay with installing a game or app using xapfiles?
is there any problem doing that?
If not how to install .xap on your windows phone...pls do tell.:eek:rly:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Before you can install an .xap you have to be a developer. You will need to be a developer to unlock your phone. You will then need to download and in stall on your PC the WP developers SDK and WP tools. You can find out about all if this and more at this website.

https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us

Hemanth sanam

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
i've unlocked my phone..and when i'm installing a xap file,after hitting deploy it says the file is invali.
where can i get the valid .xap file

neonew

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Not all .xap file could be installed on developer unlocked phone since the code signing is not allowing you to install .xap files whatever you want

neonew

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
That's it. Some .xap should be downloaded and installed directly from Marketplace. In other hand, some .xap will be okay to be installed right away from other place (not Marketplace). FYI, I found some application that had been modified so you can install the .xap that couldn't before. The bottom line is 920 doesn't have external memory that you expected to install from other places, right? It depends on the .xap anyway

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
how did you do to intall them ??
i don't know how to install Xap apps on my 920 :cry:
Windows Phone 8.1 introduced a feature where you can now install XAP files from the store on the L920 and other phones without an SD card slot. The text on the option when completing the steps still references using an SD card so it looks like they have just expanded the feature for installing from SD to also work with the Phone storage so all Windows Phone 8.1 devices can use the same feature. Note: this only appears to work with apps from the Store so it probably wont work for side loading unofficial / cracked apps.

1. On your PC, download the XAP for the app you want to install from the apps page on the WP Store.
2. Connect your phone to your computer USB and copy the XAP from the PC to the root folder of the "Phone" storage on your device.
3. Open the Store app on your device and tap the ellipsis (3 dots menu) and you should see an option to "Install local apps"
4. You should then be able to tap the app you want to install and complete the steps.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Will give this a go with Windows Insider app...store states 'app isn't available for my device...AT&T Lumia 920 running DP Update 2 (latest version just released) with Cyan firmware..

No go....thanks though as it was worth a try...

wp_ss_20141027_0001.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon