Anyone else having difficulties returning L1520 order to MS Online Store???

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've tried calling twice now and both times I've been denied. First time (11/23) they said it was already being processed and was too late to cancel, so I would have to wait for the items to ship and request a return instead of a cancelation. Second time (just now, 11/25), they say there is an error and they have to escalate it to a higher tier support and that the system is showing that the product hasn't even been processed to be shipped yet and they will have to give me a call back (which I believe that their system is reporting that, because when I check my order status online, it still reads as "In Process").

Funny thing is, they have already charged my credit card and .... drum roll .... I am staring at the phone right in front of me.

This is kind of ridiculous. Last time I order anything online from MS. I'm tempted to just give up on my quest to return the product and just attempt to resell the phone myself. Might prove to be an easier task.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm curious to know if anyone else who preordered from MS Online Store, but decided to pick up elsewhere due to the shipping delay, is having as much difficulty canceling/returning their order?

Edit: Out of curiosity, does anyone here have any experiences they can share with the wpcentral Marketplace for reselling devices?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Even if you cannot post on the wpcentral marketplace till you meet the eligible criteria requirements, you can PM individuals and get feedback. I almost bought a 822 and a 925 but ended up with a 810 on Ebay.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I just came back from the Microsoft store with my shiny new white 1520. On the way home, I called MS to cancel my preorder. Same situation as the OP where my credit card has a pending transaction from Saturday and the website still says "in process". The lady on the phone said she couldn't cancel it and escalated the case. I really am not worried as I just won't accept the package if it ever ships. If MS gives me a problem, I'll just call Amex and tell them the package was never accepted and was returned to the sender.

maui911

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You might want to try swappa.com. Only $10 fee to list a phone. I've sold a few on there. Much, much cheaper than eBay.

Actually, I just looked on their site and they don't have a category for the Lumia 1520 yet. You could probably e-mail them and ask them to add it to their site.

I've tried calling twice now and both times I've been denied. First time (11/23) they said it was already being processed and was too late to cancel, so I would have to wait for the items to ship and request a return instead of a cancelation. Second time (just now, 11/25), they say there is an error and they have to escalate it to a higher tier support and that the system is showing that the product hasn't even been processed to be shipped yet and they will have to give me a call back (which I believe that their system is reporting that, because when I check my order status online, it still reads as "In Process").

Funny thing is, they have already charged my credit card and .... drum roll .... I am staring at the phone right in front of me.

This is kind of ridiculous. Last time I order anything online from MS. I'm tempted to just give up on my quest to return the product and just attempt to resell the phone myself. Might prove to be an easier task.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm curious to know if anyone else who preordered from MS Online Store, but decided to pick up elsewhere due to the shipping delay, is having as much difficulty canceling/returning their order?

Edit: Out of curiosity, does anyone here have any experiences they can share with the wpcentral Marketplace for reselling devices?

paintcan

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

So, I have a similar problem, except that mine is defective and I HAVE to return it (I already bought a working one from the Microsoft store). So, I chatted an online rep who said sure, they'd initiate a return for me (status was still in process), it would take a day or 2 to generate the label.

I then notice my status of the phone (even though it was in front of me) was cancelled with a note that I did not want it (nothing about how it didn't work and I already paid for another one at the local MS store). But whatever, figured I would give it a day.

Two days later, no label, so I load up chat again. This rep said I couldn't return it because I never got it, and refused to believe I had it. The said it was cancelled, I said it was not, I have it, and I was charged and I really need my $600 back. They insisted I did not have it, and directed me to the general line to call.

So I called.

This rep told me as well, they I didn't have it, and that it was cancelled, and that it was only a preauthorization on my card. I told them it wasn't, it was a real actual processed charge, and that I had the phone, and I need to send it back.

30 minutes later he said he would generate another label.

I'm really at a loss here..I can't afford to just have $600 tied up for forever in my bank account (considering I already bought another outright for another $600). The closes Microsoft retail store is over 3 hours away, but I'm also afraid that if I ever do get the label, I'll never get the refund because of the status.

This is also for me the last time I'll ever touch their online store. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Amazon, but this seems insane to me.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Update: Just got an email from the MS online store that my order was cancelled. The funny thing is that they cancelled the phone itself but the free flip case, $50 app card and nano sim still show in process.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Update: Just got an email from the MS online store that my order was cancelled. The funny thing is that they cancelled the phone itself but the free flip case, $50 app card and nano sim still show in process.

I'm glad you're making headway on your situation. I'm still waiting to hear back from them in regards to having the situation escalated.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Update: Just got an email from MS Online Store Support. Finally received a return label for my canceled order. Unfortunately, Thanksgiving weekend is upon us, so returning the order will have to wait until Monday.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Update: Just got an email from MS Online Store Support. Finally received a return label for my canceled order. Unfortunately, Thanksgiving weekend is upon us, so returning the order will have to wait until Monday.

At least everything got sorted out. For all the trouble MS initially puts you through, at least they get things rectified at the end.

All I'm waiting for now is for them to process the refund on my credit card.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Update to my update: Now I'm extremely upset!! I leave to go away on Tuesday morning for the Thanksgiving holiday after cancelling my order Monday night. I come back this morning to find a wet package on my doorstep from the Microsoft store!! I just got off the phone with the MS Store after being on hold for an hour and my case is being escalated to tier 3 and I should hear back within 72 hours. What a really crappy experience this has been.

paintcan

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I had to call them AGAIN today, as my label that was supposed to be generated in 48 hours (again), wasn't. I've spoken to them now a total of 5 times, been told all sorts of things, none of them ever true. This is my 4th time being told I should get a label in 48 hours. I've went ahead and filed a claim with PayPal.

I really, really, wish I had see this before ordering from them: Microsoft Store Reviews - microsoftstore.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Update to my update: After processing the return label and dropping off the return to my local UPS Store yesterday, I awake today with an email from MS Online Store support stating

"Thank you for processing the return in such a quick fashion! However, upon processing a refund for the return I have found that a charge is not reflected in the records. I would like to ask you to send me a Proof of Purchase (Copy of Bank or Credit Card Statement) showing the charge for our records so that we may locate the error that occurred."

Seriously??? This whole ordeal has been a freaking nightmare. I've sent them a screen cap of my PayPal credit card charges. Hopefully they correct this. If not, I'll have to dispute this with PayPal. This is the worst online shopping experience I've ever had....

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Update to my update: After processing the return label and dropping off the return to my local UPS Store yesterday, I awake today with an email from MS Online Store support stating

Seriously??? This whole ordeal has been a freaking nightmare. I've sent them a screen cap of my PayPal credit card charges. Hopefully they correct this. If not, I'll have to dispute this with PayPal. This is the worst online shopping experience I've ever had....

That sucks to hear man! I just got my shipping label emailed to me yesterday and dropping it off to the UPS Store tonight. I'm going to get a copy of my Amex statement ready just in case they pull that cr@p with me.

paintcan

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

So I still, after a week of asking, have never even gotten my return label. But, after filing the PayPal dispute, I'm just going to let that roll. Seeing as how the contact address MS has with paypal is MicrosoftBilling_donotreply@microsoft.com, I tend to think they're never going to even look at the dispute and it's going to default in my favor anyway.

Also, one of the many times I contacted them, they told me that it was just an "authorization" on my card, not a charge, and that it would simply go away, which I then told them it wasn't. They didn't believe me.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to post another update:

So I have returned the products, which, according to the tracking information, has been signed for and received. I still have not received a refund, as the technical issue of them not showing a charge must still be investigating. The customer support agent who has been working with me through it all has been very responsive and friendly, which, I guess, is the silver lining. Last he responded, he said it would take 5-7 business days for the investigation and I should receive my refund shortly after that.

Sigh... Hopefully, it doesn't resort to filing a dispute claim with PayPal. Anyway, lesson learned. I will never shop with MS Online Store again.

paintcan

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to post another update:

So I have returned the products, which, according to the tracking information, has been signed for and received. I still have not received a refund, as the technical issue of them not showing a charge must still be investigating. The customer support agent who has been working with me through it all has been very responsive and friendly, which, I guess, is the silver lining. Last he responded, he said it would take 5-7 business days for the investigation and I should receive my refund shortly after that.

Sigh... Hopefully, it doesn't resort to filing a dispute claim with PayPal. Anyway, lesson learned. I will never shop with MS Online Store again.

MS never responded to my PayPal claim (they had until yesterday), so, it was auto-closed in my favor, and the funds reversed and I finally have my money back.
I also never even got the shipping label from them, even after multiple attempts and escalations. You might want to just go ahead and start the claim.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So, final update from me:

Just checked my PayPal account and I have received my refund. All is well now... Hopefully the situation has been resolved for everyone who had issues. Glad to see you got your money back, as well, paintcan, albeit, you had to go through much more drastic measures.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so I lied. This is the final update, just because I find the whole thing hilarious now.

After all is said and done, on 12/20 (today), I finally receive my shipping confirmation email from the Microsoft Online Store. Too bad I've already received and returned the phone and been issued my refund. The whole order of events was just really hilarious.

-Preordered phone from MS Online Store (11/08)
-Preorder from MS Online Store delayed (11/21)
-Purchase phone from MS Physical Store (11/22)
-Call to cancel preorder, but am told the phone has shipped so I will have to wait for product to arrive then call back and process a return (11/23)
-Receive phone and call back to request return, but am told product has not shipped yet. After telling them I had already received the product, they escalate the issue (11/25)
-Receive email from support with return label (11/27)
-Ship product back for return (11/30)
-Receive another email from support stating they have no record of a charge and require proof in order to issue a refund (12/03)
-Send response email with proof (12/03)
-Returned product received by Microsoft and refund issued (12/09)
-Receive shipping confirmation with tracking info from Microsoft Online Store stating that my preorder from 11/08 has shipped to me (12/20)

I know I have said I won't be purchasing from MS Online Store again, but, oddly enough, I already have. I purchased a 12 Month Xbox Music prepaid card from them during the 12 Days of Deals promotions. Fortunately, it was delivered digitally and instantly to me, with no issue.

Edit: Also, just checked the tracking information and according to it, it shipped to me on 11/22. Had I received this email on 11/22 and saw that it would arrive on 11/25, I probably would have just held out and waited for the phone to arrive instead of purchasing it elsewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon