Can't edit contact names

joec78

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
HTC 8X Verizon

When I edit a "People" name, it doesn't change on the People screen, even though I save it. For example: Let's say I have two contacts named Bob. When I want to text/email or call "Bob" both come up and I choose the one I want. I decide to change one to "Rob." I go in and edit the name, save it, but it still comes up "Bob."
Here's the crazy part: I go back in and the name in the Edit screen still reads "Rob." In the People app it still reads Bob. Same guy, two names. So, OK, I do a Backup Assistant sync, thinking it has to send the change there. Same problem. I have Yahoo mail but I don't have both Bob's in. I also don't have Facebook or any other social media app loaded. I'm not linked to any other app.
Is Backup Assistant preventing this from changing somehow? This has happened from day one in Jan '13 when I got it, and the phone has the newest update just two weeks ago. Everything else works fine. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Joe

joec78

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I'm only setup with Yahoo mail and the built-in Microsoft "Live" account (which I don't use) and the other contact isn't even there. For contacts that are, I changed the name in Yahoo also to the "new" name. I always then do a Backup assistant sync manually., even though it's automatic every night. To further complicate the issue, I can make changes to any other field (email, phone, address, etc.) and they are saved. I'm trying not to delete and re-enter the contact, as there are a few I want to change.
Thanks, Joe

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I understand you have two linked contacts: MSFT Live (where all contacts and calendar appointments are automatically saved to), and Yahoo. Which one are you trying to edit the name in?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

joec78

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks gerzhwin,

I'm just using the "People" app on the phone. When I add a contact, it's saved to Backup Assistant Plus, not directly to either email client. I just looked at my "Live" account and I have no contact entries. Likewise, "People" on the phone doesn't perfectly match (intentionally) the account I use the most, Yahoo. This is stand alone, which is why I'm perplexed that I can't edit the names.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos