Lumia 920 not showing on windows media player

Adorly Tanglao

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I want to sync my library on WMP to my phone, but its not showing there, it keeps saying "Connect a device", even if its already connected. Then i installed the Windows Phone App, because upon searching some solutions, they said i need that to sync my music because windows phone are not being recognize directly on WMP. But when i launched WPA, no music is showing, i went to settings and "Windows Libraries" is already selected as the source. I tried reinstalling WPA and updating drivers. What i want is actually see my phone on WMP for direct syncing to elminate using WPA, i know it can be done because i saw some screenshot where a Lumia 920 is showing on WMP, its just that its not working with me.

this is the link where i saw the nokia lumia is showing on WMP: http://help.telecom.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/30311

Last edited:

Adorly Tanglao

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
O mean that I will connect my phone to my computer... Unlocked meaning your password is enter to unlock your phone.

I appreciate you responding, but as of the moment i can't see how this will help me. Im hoping that when you connect your phone to your computer you mean that you will test it yourself to compare it to my problem. BTW my phone doesnt have a password.

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The phone still needs to be on. The screen must not be dark. If you haven't got a password then swipe up so that the tiles are showing...

Adorly Tanglao

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The phone still needs to be on. The screen must not be dark. If you haven't got a password then swipe up so that the tiles are showing...

My phone is on and its not dark. The tiles are showing also. I connected it to my PC and still not showing on WMP. Again i appreciate all the response, but none of this has help me so far. I want to know if you are testing it on your end and will get back to me once you have a solution. Let me know if i understand your responses properly. Thank you.

mirzafida

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
i've got same issue if run windows 7, my lumia didn't appear on windows media player.
But, it will appear on my windows 8 pc on my office. is that any solution?
Thanks

Adorly Tanglao

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I fixed the problem. I'll try my best to explain what steps i did because i can barely remember, but i think this will work. First i disconnected my phone from my computer, then i went to device manager, where in i can see all the usb ports/portable devices etc. then i uninstall all of them, anything that is related to Lumia 920 or windows phone. I then proceed to go to this link to download the driver on this link Microsoft Update Catalog. you should search for "windows phone winusb". Follow this link also on how to download the driver: Windows Phone 8 is not detected by your computer. Again this is happening while the phone is disconnected. The downloaded file should be a zip file, that has 2 files in it, .cat and .inf.

You will now connect the phone, at this point there are no drivers installed, allow the phone to install the drivers itself automatically, like connect it and just wait. Probably at this point when the phone installs the drivers itself the problem might be fixed, so check the WMP first. But what i did is i went to device manager do the manual install of driver its as if it needs updating even though the phone installed it already. Then i checked the WMP, the phone is now showing. I know this might be confusing to understand, but to summarize it.

1. just reinstall every drivers related to lumia 920/windows phone while phone is disconnected
2. connect the phone, allow the drivers to install automatically
3. check WMP, if phone is still not showing then
4. reinstall the driver by follwing the link above

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon