Nokia Black update is giving me lots of issues!

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So I've given it a few days and tons of soft reboots, but I'm still facing some issues with Black. Lots of posts are talking about how great Black has been for their phones, but I haven't noticed the same things.

1. I have a lot more battery drain now than before. Every day so far I've gotten fast drain. Even after rebooting the device

2. Phone feels slightly sluggish. It hangs when switching between first party apps. Like messaging will freeze for 10 seconds and then close out. Then the next time I open it there will be a loading bar and it'll open after a few seconds. This isn't a constant issue, but I never noticed it this much before updating.

3. Sometimes the camera app becomes laggy and the viewfinder is choppy and slow. Never had this issue before

4. Lastly, my white balance is still all crazy. In low light, the white balance till tends to yellow/green. And I still see processing artifacts and softening when opening the picture in Nokia camera. Everyone says these issues are gone. But I still have them! And yes, I for sure have black as stated in extras+info, and I have the latest version of Nokia Camera.

Anyone else noticing issues? I really don't want to hard reset. I've made so much progress in temple run 2!! So any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I also have Black installed and your issues are the exact opposite of mine. I think your phone may be defective- Black has given me significantly better battery and no stability or speed issues.

Hope you get it all resolved!

TemjinC

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
So I've given it a few days and tons of soft reboots, but I'm still facing some issues with Black. Lots of posts are talking about how great Black has been for their phones, but I haven't noticed the same things.

1. I have a lot more battery drain now than before. Every day so far I've gotten fast drain. Even after rebooting the device

2. Phone feels slightly sluggish. It hangs when switching between first party apps. Like messaging will freeze for 10 seconds and then close out. Then the next time I open it there will be a loading bar and it'll open after a few seconds. This isn't a constant issue, but I never noticed it this much before updating.

3. Sometimes the camera app becomes laggy and the viewfinder is choppy and slow. Never had this issue before

4. Lastly, my white balance is still all crazy. In low light, the white balance till tends to yellow/green. And I still see processing artifacts and softening when opening the picture in Nokia camera. Everyone says these issues are gone. But I still have them! And yes, I for sure have black as stated in extras+info, and I have the latest version of Nokia Camera.

Anyone else noticing issues? I really don't want to hard reset. I've made so much progress in temple run 2!! So any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!

I had the same battery drain issue, the only way to fix it was resetting my phone. Soft reset nor reboot does not help. Just reset your phone.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I guess u should format your phone and reinstall your firmware...that will make your phone perfect...with all black goodies....

Sent from my Nokia 1020 RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Hmm that has me worried. I have the Nokia Lumia 925 and I was hoping that the Black update would fix the white balance issues (I wouldn't say that it's crazy, but it can be completely off in challenging lighting conditions and sometimes in artificial lighting, there's a yellowish tint to my pictures). I really hope that you're the only one having this issue (but I also hope that you find a way to fix it!).

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't have any battery draining issues

But as far ad the sluggishness, there is slightly. Before I can open and app or even trigger the pin prompt to unlock my phone, touch screen recognizes right away. But there is now a alight lag where the first action I take does not take.

As far as the pictures, I think it always been slightly sluggish when you use it a lot, but one issue I have still is the front facing camera. Sometimes when doing a front facing shot, the icon to take the pictures dissapears and won't reappear unless I move my phone around. Annoying n

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hmm that has me worried. I have the Nokia Lumia 925 and I was hoping that the Black update would fix the white balance issues (I wouldn't say that it's crazy, but it can be completely off in challenging lighting conditions and sometimes in artificial lighting, there's a yellowish tint to my pictures). I really hope that you're the only one having this issue (but I also hope that you find a way to fix it!).

The 1020 had worse white balance than the 925. I had a 920 before and with Amber, the 1020 put a sickly yellow tint on the pictures. And I dunno, it may be better, but it's still no iPhone! I think white balance is the only area where Nokia Lumia lacks. In indoor lighting especially, it may not be as yellow as before, but it's still not very accurate. Sounds like I may try a factory reset soon, hopefully that resolves my issues!

apocacrux

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The issue you're experiencing is not specific to the Black update. I had similar issues after installing GDR2 on my 920 a total reset fixed it. It seems after updates certain people are experiencing similar issues.
Just reset and you should be right as rain.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Back in my ROM flashing days I was always taught that after flashing a new ROM or installing a major update you should hard reset to avoid any problems with the flashing process. I have always done this and never had any issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes