Unable to install More Apps as STORAGE is not sufficient.!

Muralidhar Parimi

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi Team,

I purchased Nokia Lumia 1320 Two days back, it looks and work's very good. I happy the device is having good battery back-up comparing with Nokia Lumia 925.
But i can not able to install more apps on it. i Installed Sim city & Angry Birds GO games (Both are having around 1.5GB Size). .. after that it is started giving messages saying that to make some free space. even i am having a SD CARD of 16gb But still it is saying the same thing....:crying: like 925 device said. i did not understood what is happening here.. can some body help me here please.

Regards / Muralidhar

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
advice, as mentioned above, no apps can be loaded on sd, so move all ur photos, vids and musics to sd and set sd as your default storage.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
For installing Apps and Games, you need phone internal memory, it cannot be installed on your SD card. Go to settings, phone storage and you will get in there the detailed storage of your phone graph wise and if you swipe to the right, even individual app wise.

Probably in the Windows 8.1 version of the OS they will have the feature to install apps and games on the SD card. AS of now with regards to installation, its completely useless. You have to adjust with the 8GB internal memory.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
You should check what's taking all your memory. You said that 1.5 GBs were taken up by the two games, but you didn't mention any other large apps/games/media. Your phone should definitely have more than 2 GBs of storage.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
You should check what's taking all your memory. You said that 1.5 GBs were taken up by the two games, but you didn't mention any other large apps/games/media. Your phone should definitely have more than 2 GBs of storage.

Not sure if he meant that both games combined take up 1.5GB or both games each are 1.5GB big. If the latter is the case, 3GB only games takes up like (please correct me if I'm worng) half the storage you can use on a 1320? (8GB minus the OS/system files)

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1320 has 4 GB of user available internal storage....and one should leave about 1 GB free for the OS to breath and work smoothly...so basically its 3 -3.5 GB space you can utilize for all your games and apps plus their data...I have downloaded some five small to medium games all under 25-100 mbs range and some 40 apps on my 1320 and I have 1.7 gigs of free storage...hopefully wp 8.1 ll support apps and games download on external memory...

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I heard this feature is coming to WP8.1. I have 32GB Acer Iconia Tab and iPad 2, so never had to worry about storage (28GB after minus system apps). Here, I effectively have 4GB only, which is 1/7th of what I am otherwise used to. But I don't plan on downloading 3D games to my phone, so I should be OK.

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Team,

I purchased Nokia Lumia 1320 Two days back, it looks and work's very good. I happy the device is having good battery back-up comparing with Nokia Lumia 925.
But i can not able to install more apps on it. i Installed Sim city & Angry Birds GO games (Both are having around 1.5GB Size). .. after that it is started giving messages saying that to make some free space. even i am having a SD CARD of 16gb But still it is saying the same thing....:crying: like 925 device said. i did not understood what is happening here.. can some body help me here please.

Regards / Muralidhar

JohnnyB6

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Team,

Regards / Muralidhar

The Lumia 1320 (cyan version) has the option to install the apps on SD card.

First check if your phone is up to date with the latest available software, after that go to settings - intelligent storage (this is translated from Romanian) - and select there to install everything on the SD card, including the apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon