Memory is running out?

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
I've got the storage limit reached message this morning when I wanted to install app, then I checked the storage and it shows me 3.6 GB free. What's going on on my phone? Any solution? Should I reset my phone to fix it? (I really don't want to reset it, honestly...)
Thx guys.

wp_ss_20140121_0003.png

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I did soft reset, but nothing improved.
That was a game I wanted to install. It is only 820MB in size.

View attachment 55072

Remember though that games will use 2-3x the size of the XAP file. The XAP itself (which is stored on the phone after install), the extracted files and the install of the game itself AFAIK. So apps use far more space than just the install file size.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Remember though that games will use 2-3x the size of the XAP file. The XAP itself (which is stored on the phone after install), the extracted files and the install of the game itself AFAIK. So apps use far more space than just the install file size.
I can attest to this.
This photo app Panagraph | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) download size is 56MB
but once installed it shows up at 90MB that 60% more, and as soon as I actually used it jumped to 120MB and kept using more storage the more I used it.
Carrying that idea thru to your "only 820MB" game could mean it would take up over 1 GB and you'd probably get that warning.

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I can attest to this.
This photo app Panagraph | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) download size is 56MB
but once installed it shows up at 90MB that 60% more, and as soon as I actually used it jumped to 120MB and kept using more storage the more I used it.
Carrying that idea thru to your "only 820MB" game could mean it would take up over 1 GB and you'd probably get that warning.

Thank for telling. I didn't know that.
I just didn't expect a smartphone game would take more than 3.9GB (I deleted some apps and tried to install again, but failed) to play with. I bet lots of Nokia handsets can't play it either. :cool:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank for telling. I didn't know that.
I just didn't expect a smartphone game would take more than 3.9GB (I deleted some apps and tried to install again, but failed) to play with. I bet lots of Nokia handsets can't play it either. :cool:

I don't think that game took up that much space but I'm guessing ( don't know for sure) that when you try to install a game you won't be able to install it
if the phone deems it will reduce the storage too much, maybe there is threshold level that can't be crossed and that game was too big. Not that it would take up all the remaining storage, just too much of it. I'm sure someone knows what that threshold is, if that's the case.

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that game took up that much space but I'm guessing ( don't know for sure) that when you try to install a game you won't be able to install it
if the phone deems it will reduce the storage too much, maybe there is threshold level that can't be crossed and that game was too big. Not that it would take up all the remaining storage, just too much of it. I'm sure someone knows what that threshold is, if that's the case.

Never mind. It is OK. Thank guys. :smile:

jamieem

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I am having a similar memory problem with the same game! Had to buy a 32Mb SD card to empty my phone memory enough to down load and install it. And its a great game.But an 879Mb update came through and now all my memory is gone. Can't talke photos, save game, etc etc. :(

Have tried:

• deleting unneeded apps.
  • plugging phone into PC and moving file to SD card (can't see much)
  • cancelling Asphalt 8 Airborne update
  • hard reset (power off, battery out)
  • reduced email sync period (how many days of emails are held)
  • cleared text messages

The only option I have left now is to delete Asphalt 8. But surely there must be apps etc to allow me to view and un-install to manage my meomery better? Android does.

Jamie

momonedusa

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
i had always problem with "system memory".. I read it was ok after 8.1 firmware, but it is starting again to increase.. Now is around 3.3 gb,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes