Switching from wifi on to off takes a few...

Jason De Loore

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone here at wpcentral forums,

I've expierenced some slow switching between wifi on and wifi off..
especially when I switch wifi to 'OFF' it would take several seconds up to half a minute if not more
Hope to hear from you guys soon

Thanks in advance! (and sorry if this would be a repost)
Regards Jason

Jason De Loore

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Are you using any apps on your start menu for easy switching? That could be the issue.

Yes I am, it's the 'cool tiles' shortcut, but even through the normal settings tab it has a serious delay when turning wifi off .. so not only through the shortcut
and I don't see why it would be slower with the shortcut since its actualy only a shortcut for the settings tab right?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am, it's the 'cool tiles' shortcut, but even through the normal settings tab it has a serious delay when turning wifi off .. so not only through the shortcut
and I don't see why it would be slower with the shortcut since its actualy only a shortcut for the settings tab right?

I'm not sure how those apps work but I found some slow down connections. Try uninstalling and see if the problem persists.

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
It happens on my 920 when there are apps open that use the WiFi connection. If I close all apps, turning WiFi off is fast.

Last edited:

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Its takes some few seconds on my Lumia 1320 too when I turn off Wi-Fi. Switching on the Wi-fi happens instantly. Not quite sure if its something to do with the GDR3 Black update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39