keep disconnecting when download or updating apps

Youngtky

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hi i'm new on using windows phone and i have lumia 520.i would like to ask why it keep disconnect when i download or updating apps, either screen is on or off i already enabled keep wifi on when screen is off and disabled battery saver. so i have to resume download process like 100 time. and i using stable wifi connection.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
First thing to try is to check your system apps to see if they need updating use this: SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Next you can try a soft reset, sometimes it helps: Hold volume button down and power button until phone vibrates then let go. Phone restarts. You may need to reset time and date.

If that doesn't work you can try a hard reset, this will erase everything on the phone. So be sure to use the backup service prior to doing this. It won't say game data.
Hard reset: Settings -> About -> Reset phone

If that doesn't help you can try NSU, Nokia Software Updater. Go here to download it. (ignore the title of the thread you just want the software) and the tutorial on how to use the software.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ng-gears-cogs-bug-nokia-lumia-users-only.html

You'll need a Windows 7 or 8 machine to use this software, a USB cord and a WiFi connection. This will completely wipe your phone and install a fresh firmware. Again be sure to backup.

If none of this works it means you have a bad phone and it needs to be replaced.

Keep in mind that stuff like this happens as no manufacturing process is perfect.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Could you clarify what you mean by "downloading or updating"? Are you talking about the Store, or some other kind of download (like game content updates)?

Youngtky

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
downloading apps even the apps only 2MB it got very slow download. and when i updating to black i had to tap like 100 times to resume it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon