slow wifi

kertong

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Having an issue with my 1520 where wifi speeds drop to 4-5Mbps after the phone sleeps/idles a while.

If I toggle airplane mode or wifi on/off, speedtest.net will show wifi speeds of 25-30Mbps steadily.

I can then lock the phone and wait about 15 minutes, and when I wake it up and re-run speedtest.net, it only goes 4-5Mbps. I've used the "ActiveNet Now!" app to verify the wifi connection was the actual interface being used. At this point, I can toggle airplane mode or wifi on/off, and it goes right back to 25-30Mbps, but eventually, it'll drop back to 4-5Mbps speeds. My other devices (iphone5, ipad mini, xoom and nexus 7 tablets) are pegging 35-40Mbps consistently.

My home router is an apple Airport/Time Capsule unit, and I've tried toggling 802.11a/b/g/n down to 802.11a/b/g only, to no avail.

I've done quite a bit of searching and it seems this issue is affecting lumia 1020s, 925s, and 920s as well. Some suggest disabling IPv6 completely, but there is no way to do that in time capsule that I am aware of.

Anyone have this issue, and find a workaround? I have a spare linksys WRT-54G lying around, should I just daisy-chain that into my time capsule to set up a second access point?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon