Weather and Calendar

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
This app runs if I enable NFC on my Icon and then tap the phone on my charging stand. How can I access this app directly? My goal would be to have it pinned as a tile on my phone so that I can disable tap to share.

Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
It is one app that initiates via NFC tap. I am wondering if anyone has been successful in starting this app without using NFC tap.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a link to it. I didn't buy it in the store. It is on my Lumia Icon. It was also on my Lumia 928.
If you don't use the NFC in conjunction with the NFC enabled charging stand, then chances are you have never seen the app.
For those that have seen it, do you know how to access it without having NFC enabled?

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
OK - I did some searching and found what I needed. There is an app in the store called Desktop Mode that allows you to access the hidden app in at least the 928 and Icon, and probably others.

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious. Would you run this screensaver app instead of the Glance screen, if Glance was available on the Icon?

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I run it instead of Glance.
If Glance were available for the Icon I would be using that.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but having just picked up the Lumia 930 I've realised that "Weather and Calendar" is no longer available (I think it disappeared when "Accessories" was updated this month to "Device Hub"). Does anyone have any recommendations for another "screensaver" app to use on the DT-910 dock on devices without Glance?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but having just picked up the Lumia 930 I've realised that "Weather and Calendar" is no longer available (I think it disappeared when "Accessories" was updated this month to "Device Hub"). Does anyone have any recommendations for another "screensaver" app to use on the DT-910 dock on devices without Glance?

It did disappear when Microsoft updated accessories to device hub. It used to automatically start using the NFC tag on the DT-910, or with a NFC tag you make. I haven't found any other screen savers though.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Yes. It disappeared when they updated the accessories app to device hub.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes