1520 Lumia. I'm trying to change my background.

Christopher Yurgal

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.
I'm trying diligently to simply change the background image of my 1520. I have the international unlocked version. Every time I try to find a pic in any browser, I can't save the full resolution version to my phone. I then try to connect the phone to my PC instead, and I can't drag and drop files to my phone. Then I load zune, and it doesn't recognize my phone. All I'm trying to do is change my background. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I accomplish such a simple task? Thanks for your help. EDIT: so far I have gotten one full-res pic to save to my phone via a browser on the phone. Other than that, I can't figure it out. This just seems more complicated than it should be... Also, the pic I managed to save in full-res won't properly crop. The phone is trying to crop the image in portrait mode when it is a landscape mode pic. What can I do to avoid all of these trivial problems?

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Uhhh... Wow... no clue where to start. Not to be rude, but it seems you are very very new to WP8.

-There are no background images in this OS. I'm assuming that due to the amount of space the tiles take up, the idea of a background is rendered pointless.
-Zune is no longer available, period. The software was discontinued with the introduction of Windows Phone 8. We now use Xbox Music/Video.
-Not sure what you mean when you can't drag/drop files onto your phone. I've had no issues doing that with music, or pictures.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree. Is this your first smartphone? You should EASILY be able to drag and drop files. It's trivial that they made it so easy. I came from YEARS of android to WP 8 and knew backgrounds were a no go. Wait around for the 8.1 update and some of your trivial problems may be resolved. Enjoy your phone!!

Christopher Yurgal

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Alright, I'm trying to change my "lock-screen" image. When I try to drag and drop, nothing happens. I try to right-click and copy, but when I try to paste, it's greyed out. It's weird that such a simple task is so difficult.

Christopher Yurgal

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Woah. This is weird. I have to save pics to my pc, and then drag and drop to my phone. But either way, I found a workaround. EDIT: I have to also rotate the image to fit the phone. Man, what a process.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I always save the image to my phone, open it on my phone, zoom to the size I like, and do a screen capture. Then I open the screen capture and click "set as lock screen". That way the picture fits exactly how I want it to fit.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I'm trying to change my "lock-screen" image. When I try to drag and drop, nothing happens. I try to right-click and copy, but when I try to paste, it's greyed out. It's weird that such a simple task is so difficult.

Right-click with what? It's a phone so this statement seems a little suspicious.

Do you mean you bring up the context menu by holding your finger on the pic?

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I hate to come back to this but I am still confused and don't want to leave the op hanging. I just downloaded several (full res) pics from several different browsers on my icon and 928 and was able to crop and set as lock screen in just a few seconds. All from my phone. No PC required. I think maybe it's your first smartphone and you are a little overwhelmed? Read the manual on how to set photo as lock screen. Its very simple and you don't need a PC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon