New Icon Owner - Wireless Charging Issue

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had Icon for about a week now. Overall, I'm very happy and am finding transition to WP a lot eaiser this time (I'd tried before about 9 months ago with a 920). The Icon screen is fabulous and camera is miles ahead of anything I ever experienced on Andoid phone.

I had an issue with wireless charging last night. I put phone on Nokia wireless charger as I always do at my bedside, and the phone shut down overnight. It's first time this has ever happened and the only difference is I had phone in case (Incipio feather). My guess is case made phone retain more heat and caused it to shutdown because it got too hot. Does this make sense?

I rely on my phone as my alarm clock when traveling, so I'm a little concerned by this behavior. Think I'll stick to regular plug in charging while traveling.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
1.) Make sure that you're placing the phone on the charger correctly. If it's not in the right position, it could lead to a lot of heat.

2.) The Nokia Lumia Icon user guide recommends doing wireless charging naked. I know a lot of users on these forums say you're fine charging with a case on, but it might be something to consider.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to think it was just a one time glitch. I've had my icon since launch and have on it arguably the thickest case on the market and have had zero issues with wireless charging. I'd recommend giving it some more time, just ensure that you are placing it on the Qi pad mostly centered.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My Icon does spontaneously reboot on occasion... maybe once every 2-3 weeks that I notice. It does sometimes happen while on the charger. It has never fully shut down for me however. I do have a Incipio Dual Pro case on mine and leave it on when charging.

So you're the other person in Wisconsin to have an Icon, huh? Just kidding! Though the Verizon store on the east side of Madison sucked when I went in asking about it before release and also the morning of release. They said nobody had even asked about it prior to me and they only had gotten 3 of them in stock which is sad. Great phone though, even with the occasional reboots which I'm hoping will be fixed with a firmware update at some point because Windows Phone is normally ridiculously stable.

Kick *** to see another Sconnie on Mobile Nations who is not only a cyclist but also a Windows Phone user!

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My Icon does spontaneously reboot on occasion... maybe once every 2-3 weeks that I notice. It does sometimes happen while on the charger. It has never fully shut down for me however. I do have a Incipio Dual Pro case on mine and leave it on when charging.

So you're the other person in Wisconsin to have an Icon, huh? Just kidding! Though the Verizon store on the east side of Madison sucked when I went in asking about it before release and also the morning of release. They said nobody had even asked about it prior to me and they only had gotten 3 of them in stock which is sad. Great phone though, even with the occasional reboots which I'm hoping will be fixed with a firmware update at some point because Windows Phone is normally ridiculously stable.

Kick *** to see another Sconnie on Mobile Nations who is not only a cyclist but also a Windows Phone user!

Verizon store on west side Madison sounds like it was better experience. I wouldn't call them Windows Phone supporters, but they didn't try to actively discourage me when I asked about Icon. And the rep who helped me seemed to know the phone fairly well - I tested him with a few questions and he had the right answers.

I've been Android user for about 5 years. I still have a Moto X, and there are things about it I like better than Icon, but the combination of screen and camera on Icon are really tough to beat. I've only had one random reboot with Icon. I'm hoping that was a fluke. I'll just monitor the charging issue and see if this happens again.

Good to meet another Sconnie with WP! I'll be on lookout for anyone else using an Icon around town.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar