T-Mobile 925 on AIO?

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried using an unlocked T-Mobile 925 on AIO wireless. Their website said it Should work but I'd like to know for sure and I don't have stores near me

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Can't offer any direct experience advice.
I searched the forum here and looks as though a few members have moved their phones (not specifically a 925) to AIO with success.

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll let you know this coming week. My 925 arrives tomorrow from HSN but I'll need to unlock it from T-Mobile first. I don't expect any problems afterwards, though, since my other phones (several Lumias, BB Z30 & Z10 and Nexus 5 -- some locked to AT&T, some not) have all played nicely with Aio Wireless.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll let you know this coming week. My 925 arrives tomorrow from HSN but I'll need to unlock it from T-Mobile first. I don't expect any problems afterwards, though, since my other phones (several Lumias, BB Z30 & Z10 and Nexus 5 -- some locked to AT&T, some not) have all played nicely with Aio Wireless.
I'm not understanding. You say you will know in a week but you also say you will have to get it unlocked first then later you seem to say still locked phones might work on AIO.

Are you going to pay to have it unlocked right away or are you saying it might work even while still locked?

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not understanding. You say you will know in a week but you also say you will have to get it unlocked first then later you seem to say still locked phones might work on AIO.

Are you going to pay to have it unlocked right away or are you saying it might work even while still locked?

Since the HSN 925 is locked to T-Mobile, it won't work on Aio until I pay to get it unlocked. I don't want to put a T-Mobile SIM in it and wait 40+ days for a "free" unlock so that's why I'm going to pay to unlock as soon at it arrives tomorrow. Hopefully, the unlock code comes quickly.

As for the other part, my AT&T-locked phones (the Lumia 1520 and BlackBerry Z10) work fine, LTE and everything, on Aio without needing to unlock them first.

Matt

Posted via the WPC App for Android on a BlackBerry Z30.

gottago

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
Matthew, you do realize that Aio is AT&T prepaid, right? Any AT&T phone (locked or unlocked, just not blacklisted) will work with Aio.

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Their website makes it sound like they will be taking over cricket stores in the near future, I bet I sign up before then though if your 925 works

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You can take a 925 to any T-Mo MVNO without unlocking... I use Spot Mobile ($39.99 unlimited talk, text and data with 1GB HSPA+42) and love it. I grabbed a free SIM for them from 4gfastdata.com and saved like $10 and got free shipping.

Other MVNO's that work with it off the top of my head - again without unlocking - Simple Mobile (LTE on $50 and $60 plans), Walmart Family, Straight Talk (T-Mo SIM), Brightspot (Target), GIV, GoSmart, PTel, Net10 (T-Mo SIM), ReadySIM and Solavei.

I love the service from Spot but Straight Talk and Net10 offer a slightly better data plan cost. Simple is the only one that is offering full LTE speeds for their plans since 35orLess is gone now. Other than that, you can't miss with any of these prepaid offerings, though watch for ones that that are really post paid - like Solavei and Brightspot as this will add 15-20% to your costs every month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes