Phone call during navigation

CodeMaster2014

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm going in this long trip (18 horas) and I will be using Here Drive for turn by turn directions.
As I said it will be 18 hours drive so most likely I will have to receive phone calls while driving.
The problem is there when I answer a phone call, the phone screen takes over and the navigation voice goes away, making it easy to miss a turn.

Is there a way to combine both? Or should buy a GPS? :)

By the way, I use the phone connected to the car sound system via Bluetooth.

aniket0303

Banned
Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm going in this long trip (18 horas) and I will be using Here Drive for turn by turn directions.
As I said it will be 18 hours drive so most likely I will have to receive phone calls while driving.
The problem is there when I answer a phone call, the phone screen takes over and the navigation voice goes away, making it easy to miss a turn.

Go for GPS

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Either go for a GPS or you can use call divert option in your phone to divert calls to a secondary phone in this way your voice navigation wont get cancelled and you wont need to spend on new GPS provided you have a spare cellphone.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Trying to figure the odds that a turn in a 18 hour drive would occur during the duration of a call. Most 18 hour drives involve long stretches on just a few roads. Maybe it won't happen enough for the rare restart to be a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes