Revert failed 3 times...

iamunderdawg

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
After 3 attempts downloading the Nokia revert software and each event took 90 minutes of my time .....after every download....'Software download corrupted'. Try again or cancel? I canceled and now frustrated!

Staying with 8.1 for now!:cry:

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Are you using the Software Recovery Tool or the Software Updater for Retail? I had problems with both but I got the Software Updater for Retail to work. I chose the option "my phone won't turn on" or whatever it says when it prompts you to connect your device. The download hung up a couple times but it eventually finished and then the install downgraded me to 8 without a hitch. If you have the Software Recovery Tool installed, first uninstall it plus the other components it installs. Think there was 3 or 4 others. Just check Programs in Control Panel. Also disable Windows Firewall before you start.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the Software Recovery Tool or the Software Updater for Retail? I had problems with both but I got the Software Updater for Retail to work. I chose the option "my phone won't turn on" or whatever it says when it prompts you to connect your device. The download hung up a couple times but it eventually finished and then the install downgraded me to 8 without a hitch. If you have the Software Recovery Tool installed, first uninstall it plus the other components it installs. Think there was 3 or 4 others. Just check Programs in Control Panel. Also disable Windows Firewall before you start.
With me that failed too. :-(

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After 3 attempts downloading the Nokia revert software and each event took 90 minutes of my time .....after every download....'Software download corrupted'. Try again or cancel? I canceled and now frustrated!

Staying with 8.1 for now!:cry:
Well, I did it for 4th time and noticed that it completed 4.27GB d/l almost there and then the file suddenly disappeared :-(

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
With me that failed too. :-(

Make sure you're using the Updater - this article has a link to it. It took me a few tries. The download was pretty slow, 30+ minutes, but it sounds like it's even slower for you. For what it's worth, it worked when the initial check identified the phone as an Icon, not a 929. Check the info on the left before you start the download. Not sure whether selecting the phone won't turn on option made that happen but when I did it by just connecting the phone, I thought it identified it as a 929. The Software Recovery tool sees it as a 929, too. I spent several hours last night and this morning trying to get back to 8 and it finally paid off...

Last edited:

jywang

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You must delete the entire contents of the download directory if it fails or it will keep falling. The download directory is in C:\ProgramData.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I finally did revert it and then did the upgrade to Dev Preview 8.1 again...looks better wifi icon now. Will wait for a day to see if anything goes better.....

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So I finally did revert it and then did the upgrade to Dev Preview 8.1 again...looks better wifi icon now. Will wait for a day to see if anything goes better.....

So you went back to 8.0, got the new firmware from Verizon with the wifi fix and then upgraded to dev preview 8.1? Let us know how that goes. I want to do it but haven 't had the time.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So you went back to 8.0, got the new firmware from Verizon with the wifi fix and then upgraded to dev preview 8.1? Let us know how that goes. I want to do it but haven 't had the time.
1. Better WiFi icon (I see 2 bars up from my last observed icons in my office). Although I dont care about icon unless my WiFi is working.
2. Probably a bit better on battery heating. I used to notice a good heated back after about only 2 mins of use on Instagram & Twitter. At least today I see it goes till till about 5 mins of same activities. Not sure if it improved anything for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon