problems i am getting after updating wp 8.1

princeaamir

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
1. whats app notification ( when i am opening whats app messages come but when i am on start screen notification don't come )
2. same problem happens with some other apps too...
3. volume down button not working...

KALAPN_WP

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I am not 8.1 user but volume down key is becoming major issue of L720
#YouAreNotAlone
Please try possible service center of nokia

princeaamir

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
i think the problem is not with hardware its something to do with 8.1 because sometime for short period of time its work idk how !!
am afraid to go to service center after 8.1 update bcoz what if my warranty gone? :D

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Well the volume down key of my 720 is not working since the first month of buying the phone, its completely a hardware issue, the service centre will replace the volume strip (do not go there with 8.1 Dp installed, they wont take it, go after official cyan update only) As far as the whatsapp notifications are concerned, used to happen with me too, but only on wifi or 3g, now its working fine !

Nirmalx

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem on my 720 , but got it repaired through Nokia care. Its just coz of the way you use that volume key, vulnerable to rough use !

Nirmalx

May 18, 2014
Visit site
If it is due to some hardware problem , which I suppose it is..its due to your own use, the volume key won't stop workin on its own lol

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Well if you actually check out forums you will come to know that the Volume key down stops functioning on its own. Its not on the usage pattern at all, its a fault with 720's

Brazil01

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
A problem I am having is that the video app is not working,just goes back to the start screen,I'm not able to watch any video at the moment. Another app that's not working at all is Here Drive+. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I had recently upgraded my phone to the 8.1 update, and granted there are a few bugs but i'm confident that it will all get resolved by the time Cyan update comes out.

I felt compelled to upgrade to 8.1 because a) my volume-down button was working intermittenly & b) I had sheared off the volume-down contact when I was reassembling my phone because I was putting the wireless charging coil inside the phone so I don't have the thick wireless charging shell.

I did order a new strip that has the volume/power/camera buttons so I will install that once i have received it. With the new volume controls in 8.1, I can set them on the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb