Lumia 635 Bugs and Defects

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: 635 screen issue?

So, had a very strange issue where the phones power and bottom volume button wouldn't work. Had to restore the phone just to shut it off. Seems to work now but gave no clue why it did that. I'll keep an eye on it.

JSW2624

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
So here's an odd issue with my wifes new 635. When we use the browser to open h t t p : / / echo.amazon.com/ we get a splash page that says the echo app isn't supported in the browser. The reason I think it's odd is I have a 1020 and it works fine. So it's not the browser, its something in the device itself? Is there a way to hack around the info the 635 is sending back to the link?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So here's an odd issue with my wifes new 635. When we use the browser to open h t t p : / / echo.amazon.com/ we get a splash page that says the echo app isn't supported in the browser. The reason I think it's odd is I have a 1020 and it works fine. So it's not the browser, its something in the device itself? Is there a way to hack around the info the 635 is sending back to the link?

It's the OS having a different browser version. 830 shows same error... Change browser options to display Desktop mode and it shows ok.

markisboss

May 11, 2015
Visit site
My wife just got this phone through Virgin. Yesterday morning (mothers day) the phone kept sounding that many many texts were coming through. When she finally looked at the phone there were in fact 6 people texting "happy mothers day". However all but one texter had multiple texts exactly the same (time, text). One text came through 31 times! on the average since yesterday, texts are coming through 4-12 times each. We went over to the local Virgin store and the tech downloaded a long update. However, texts are still coming through 2-4 times sometimes and the X-Box ap plays the GPS ladys voice randomly and continuously when first signing on to hear music. Sort of like, "turn right- turn left, your destination is on the left, drive through the round-a-bout", etc. this is continuous!

bradleymcc6

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My wife just got this phone through Virgin. Yesterday morning (mothers day) the phone kept sounding that many many texts were coming through. When she finally looked at the phone there were in fact 6 people texting "happy mothers day". However all but one texter had multiple texts exactly the same (time, text). One text came through 31 times! on the average since yesterday, texts are coming through 4-12 times each. We went over to the local Virgin store and the tech downloaded a long update. However, texts are still coming through 2-4 times sometimes and the X-Box ap plays the GPS ladys voice randomly and continuously when first signing on to hear music. Sort of like, "turn right- turn left, your destination is on the left, drive through the round-a-bout", etc. this is continuous!
Check your date and time are exactly correct

h_alpha-q

May 20, 2015
Visit site
My Bluetooth randomly decides its not working at times and my phone turns itself off when not expected. It has a mega problem with picture messages, once it sent a picture message to people 10 times when I only sent it once. On some apps made by windows it decides that it will not open at all and goes straight back to the home screen like nothings happened. Sometimes it doesn't load up my best apps that work all the time and decides that on internet explorer, when the internet is fully connected, to not load up at all. Yes I could definitely say my phone is glitchy

Fyremelon

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had this model a year yet and it has already started to fail. I loved it for the first several months even though there were many pet peeves I had about it. My phone occasionally and randomly would restart on it's own usually when using internet explorer but it wasn't too big of a deal because it really only happened about once or twice a month. Unfortunately several days ago it got stuck in a reboot loop. Taking the battery out didn't work so I decided to remove the SD card I had installed. That ended the constant instantaneous loop however it would still randomly reboot about once per hour or so and a lot of the functions and apps that were reinstalled on the phone stopped working properly (such as Cortana, web browser, the bottom bar with the back, menu, and search buttons, etc). So I finally did a factory reset. It seemed better at first but then after a few hours (and to this day) certain functions and apps randomly won't open or function at times and it STILL randomly reboots enough times per hour that I'm hating my phone now and feel the urge to smash it to bits. 😢 And now, on top of that, if I leave the phone unattended in its sleep mode for more than maybe 5 minutes, pushing the power button no longer wakes it up. No matter how many times I press it nothing happens. I have to hold down the power button or do a soft reset every time in order to power off and start again so I can use my phone. Anyone know of a fix? Apologies if this has already been answered. FYI I have Cricket service with Lumia cyan.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had this model a year yet and it has already started to fail. ...
It sounds to me like there is a 99% chance you have faulty RAM on your phone. It is rare, but can happen. The phone needs to be exchanged under warranty. Would have been best to act when the problems started first, but if it is still covered under warranty, get it done as quickly as possible.

Faulty RAM will cause bad writes to your storage and corrupt all your data.

Seriously, on the remote chance it is one of the other possibilities in the 1% realm, it's still a hardware issue with the phone. It needs to be replaced/repaired. I wouldn't take it to a phone repair shop. Their good with breaks and such, but you'd probably get it back still not working in this particular case. Get it replaced under warranty.

skyz goddess

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
When i open smartglass for xbox 360 it says"cant sign in (1000)". and when i play some games off the store that allows me to play with my xbox account it says i cant sign in either. And when i open my games app it just says "updating"then it just says "Couldn't open that try again" his can I fix this? And my Microsoft account is in sync time and date are correct

MichelleChike

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 635 in October of 2014. About a week ago (August 16, 2014), I was typing a text when the phone just froze and would not respond to touch. Then I switched it off and switched it back on. When the phone came on, it was frozen-i.e. will not respond to touch, the date and time was altered already (to July 1, 2014, 4:34 pm), it was automatically on flight mode, and it was on the high screen lights. I tried switching on and off, but it remains the same. can't touch, can't assess. I replaced my sim, and the phone performed normally for a few minutes and back it went to the whle senario. At the moment, when i put it on, I need to press it a lot longer than usual to get it to come on. When it comes on, the phone is frozen and exactly as malfuctioning as I described above. The newest is that it then comes on and off on it's own without any prompt.

I have tried the soft reset; there was not a single difference. I cannot try the hard reset because the phone is frozen - not responding to touch. I am disappointed, but I guess this is why it is important to invest in a durable phone. A cheap phone cannot always be trusted. Any advice will be appreciated.

ce_tx

May 7, 2015
Visit site
My husband and I are both having a similar problem with our 635s but only when texting. I'm on AT&T and he's on Boost. I can get one word typed, then it won't let me enter any more text. No response inside the text box. The phone does not freeze, however. I can still do other things. It's not a constant problem, but it's been pretty bad this morning. I've restarted, taken the battery out, etc...no change.

tewodros sitotaw

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
i'm teddy..
but i have got problem here

My screen goes black, but i can lock,unlock and the sound of lock/unlocking is work, even i hold my windows key, when someone call it rings too..i try to charging it to

i don't know if it the software problem or hardware

but my phone is fine, never got dropped
Please help me

tukuktuku

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi, what's the problem that many apps change original colour to accent colour when pinned to starscreen? I can't find way to get original coour back.
Does anyone know a way of deleteting picture from contact? Not changing but deleting.

I apologize if this is not right place to ask these questions.

anshrr

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Gf just got a Lumia 635 to replace a 620. On the 620, she'd loose reception/connection without it showing, so people couldn't reach her, and she had no idea anything was wrong. This was "fixed" by setting max speed to 2G (down from 3G).
Now, the same thing is happening with the 635, no indication that anything is wrong, signal bars present, but unreacable. Turning on, and off again, flight mode fixes it (temporarily). Is this the same thing? Incredibly annoying to have 4G but not be able to use it :<

ZuppoII

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Upgraded my lumia 635 to w10 a few weeks ago.
Nice OS and in general it 's working smoothly, BUT some quit ANNOYING bugs, though:
- I can't make a new sms-message from the message-listview. There's no button to do that. I have to lookup the person first in my contacts and select "send sms". Existing messages are no problem to respond to.
- When writing a sms you can't see the text you are writing. The text you are typing is hidden behind the 'keyboard'
- When using Here maps, the bottom icons are partially hidden and very difficult to 'activate'
- Same thing when using the mail-app
- Some icons keep disappearing from the metro-screen
- It would be handy if there was a button to hide the keyboard.
Cheers!
-Z-

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon