Use of Lumia 520 without SIM card

anon(5570381)

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello folks,

I plan to buy this phone (with at&t) but not too sure if it will work (I use at&t MVNO). If it doesn't work, I might as well use it as a camera or something similar.

My question is, can this phone be used without a SIM card?

Thanks in advance.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It can, but if you already have a phone you would be better just getting a normal camera for the same money - for one you would get a flash, the 520 doesn't have that feature.

Dale_K

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I used my 520 for a while without a sim while I waited for a sim cutter to ship. It worked as a music player, camera and car navigation unit using maps downloaded w/wifi. The only issue I ran into was making sure the date/time was set correctly before downloading stuff from Nokia. I found some things wouldn't download otherwise.

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have thought about using my 520 for a mp3 and GPS device if I got a high end phone. Something I could use for working out and not have to worry about. They are great little phones. My 520 is my daily driver right now and its fantastic.

Bryr Brannigan

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Is this also true of the Lumia 630. Helping my Mum merge over to a smart phone, but just wanting to use it as an MP3 player/email type of device at the mo (like a handheld computer), one step at a time :wink: Don't want to have to buy a SIM for it yet if we don't need to, just want to use it on wifi at the mo. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes