1520 Running Armband Option

Daniel Edwards

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Having just upgraded from a 920 to a 1520, I didn't think about the fact I use my 920 while on my run to listen to music but also to use MiCoach to track my run. Now I have the issue of finding an armband that looks good but also up to the job. Choices are a little limited online so anyone recommend a suitable option for Running (ideally from a UK supplier) but open to options... :sweaty:

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I decided to not go the armband route since this phone would make my arms look small. :) Kidding. I ordered Amazon.com : NEW 2014 Running Buddy - Attachable, Water-resistant, Magnetic Running Pouch! Great for Runners, Cyclists, Walkers, & Travelers : Running Waist Packs : Sports & Outdoors from Amazon today. I will post feedback on it when I get it. My biggest concern is fit, since I still have a gut although I am working on it. It's got a flap with magnets that goes inside your waistband and the magnets connect to the pouch on the outside. Seems unique, I will report back.

Daniel Edwards

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Looks good. Let me know how you get on as never thought of a pouch as an option but guess that makes perfect sense. Let me know if the phone fits.

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Well. the phone definitively does not fit the Running Buddy horizontally. However, if I put it in vertically, don't shut the flap and put my t-shirt down over it, the phone will stay. Unless I run. I don't run, I walk. Running would almost certainly knock the phone out of the Running Buddy.

The Running Buddy itself is a nice item, a large flap inserts into your shorts and magnets hold it to the outside pouch.

I'll try to use it with the 1520 (in the Belkin case) vertically and see if I like it. My goal is just to have my hands free for Rocky-like celebrations. :)

Ivan

cocotutch

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to bump, but did you guys find an actual armband/sports armband case for the Lumia 1520? I don't care if it makes my arms look small, I just need one of these cases for use at the Gym!

Thanks

Daniel Edwards

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the Sumaclife armband for the 1520. It fits the phone and allows access to the screen and buttons but I did need to make a small hole in the top to allow my headphones as the case will cover this but that was not a big deal. Might be an option for you all. SumacLife Workout Sports Running Armband Pouch Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 , Lumia 1320 , Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 , LG G Flex , HTC ONE MAX T6 (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Can you report back on your case? How is it? I'm looking for one and find this thread. There seem to be some decent options online but I really not sure what to get.

cocotutch

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought a similar one to the guy above your post. I had to cut a small hole in the top to use the headphone jack also. However I cannot at all wear it on my arm. My arm is rather muscular, and the strap is not long enough. Plus the phone looks like I have an iPad super glued to my arm. So I just shove it in my zip pocket. Far easier!

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
How about finding a small knapsack you can wear around your back, plus add in the water bladder. Wearing something on your hip would pull your pants down. j/k kidding guys...a little

flipmack

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I second the RunningBuddy. I have the large 6" version and I can squeeze in my 1520 in the incipio case - wrap the whole thing in a Ziploc bag.

I use a small Bluetooth audio receiver and plug my headphones into it.

The RunningBuddy clips onto the back of my shorts (at the small of my back basically).

With this setup, it's quite usable. I never really reach for my phone during a run since the Bluetooth audio receiver also has a mic, so if I get a phone call in, I can receive it.

I typically run @ 15 miles/week - usually a short 5-miler and a longer 10-miler. The RunningBuddy has held up well. I like that it doesn't have zippers. I had an amphipod waist pouch for my smaller phones, but the zipper seized from all of the sweat.

Also, armbands tend to affect my stride, so I stopped using armbands in favor of a centrally-located waist pouch. Since the RunningBuddy stays very close to your body even as you run, there's no impact to stride and there's no jostling from movement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2