Tacky Screen

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 520 since October and have noticed that the screen has been gradually loosing its "smoothness." It has no scratches and seems perfectly clean, but my fingers no longer "glide like silk," as when it was new, as if my fingers were wet (they were not), causing a stuttering over the surface.
Has anyone noticed this with use?
Is there anything I can apply to restore the original smoothness? Perhaps some kind of wax, spray, or whatever?
Thanks
Rubidad

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have had the sensitivity set to high on both my 520 and 925. The 925 is months newer and has remained silky smooth to this point.....

greenspot

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Touching screen while your finger wet is not correct and make your screen less responsive. As you know your lumias are not water proof.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
By the way, Mark,
You have a 521 and a 925, while I have the 520 and 925. I really enjoy the Windows Phone experience.
The screen on the 925 is bright and beautiful; it's very responsive, it sounds nice-music and call; the buttons work well and has many other nice features. However, I prefer the smaller size of the 520-it just fits better in my hand and doesn't fly into the air like the 925. I can also reach all the screen with my thumb, making it a true one-handed phone. I can't do this with the 925 despite my large hands. Also, if I want to use the internet, a laptop presents a much better experience than the small screen of a smartphone. The 925's limited memory of 16gb is a horrible limitation. I have a 64gb micro sd card in the 520 with 40gb currently being used.
In summary, I'd gladly pay the money for a phone with a modern, bright 4 inch, gorilla glass screen, a flash and forward looking camera, 1gb of on board ram and the ability to to add a large micro sd card.
How would you compare your experiences with the 521 and 925?
By the way, thanks for the tip about Woosh, I plan to give it a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon