Got myself a new Lumia 1020, but I've got one problem

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
As I said in my topic, I am now a proud owner of a new Lumia 1020. Only problem though, is that for some reason the Transfer My Data app won't transfer all my SMS from my old Note 3, nor my S2 or S3. This is the final piece of the puzzle which could make me use the 1020 full-time, as it is an amazing phone. On my Note 3 it will only transfer a little over 3k messages, and from the S2 only 2048. Any help would be appreciated.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the Windows Phone family! :)

When I bought the 1520 I got a similar issue while transferring contacts from an iPhone 4, so I guess it's probably a compatibility issue.

Probably I'm wrong and there's a way to 'fix' it...

yeochinh

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I hope there is a fix for this, because I don't want to lose my over 6k messages, but I really want to make the full move from android.

Hey there and welcome to WPCentral!
Also welcome to the Windows Phone family!
You could try to back up your SMS to google temporarily iguess? (I used SMSBackup for android back when I was still on the droid.)
And then just keep them there for future references? :) I'm not sure if there's an app that could sync our messages to and from gmail though. Can anyone please shed some light on this?

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I figured out what to do to transfer them all, and I'll write it down here for the future generations.

First I did as yeochinih said and backed up all my SMS to my google account.
Then I deleted all my large threads from my phone, so that I could get the message amount down to below 2048.
Afterwards I was able to transfer all my remaining messages to my new phone with Nokia Transfer My Data.
Then I used the SMS backup I made to restore all the messages back to my Note 3, and followed that up with deleting the messages I had already transfered.
Then I transfered as many of those threads to my phone as I could.
Rinse and repeat till they've all been transfered to the new phone.

Only issue with this as far as I can see is if you have too many messages in a thread, aka. over 2048. But I'm happy that I can do the full transition over from android :)

I have one more question though. Is there a way to show the amount of messages in a thread on WP8.1? I went through almost all my messages (all 6k of them), and there doesn't seem to be any missing, but still.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes