Lumia 1320 build quality

CSMR250

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a Lumia 1320 for my Dad.

I think the size will be ok because his eyesight is not great and he has large hands and fingers. He also always wears a jacket so can carry in a side pocket.

I am worried about the build quality because a Lumia 620 I got kept having it's buttons fail. All of the buttons failed and failed again after 2 repairs. That was a huge hassle. So I'm naturally worried about the Lumia 1320. Have any problems been reported? Whatever I get needs to be completely reliable.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
i own this phone since march , hmm the build quality not so good "for me"
the power button become weak i don't know why , even i don't use it much !!
once he felt to the ground less than 30cm and the the down right curve was a bit scratch

this is for me to say , but other thing is cool big screen is awesome and clear

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a Lumia 1320 for my Dad.

I think the size will be ok because his eyesight is not great and he has large hands and fingers. He also always wears a jacket so can carry in a side pocket.

I am worried about the build quality because a Lumia 620 I got kept having it's buttons fail. All of the buttons failed and failed again after 2 repairs. That was a huge hassle. So I'm naturally worried about the Lumia 1320. Have any problems been reported? Whatever I get needs to be completely reliable.

The only thing that I do not like about the 1320 is the fact that the capacitive buttons are not back lit. So, it takes some time to get used to where they are when using the phone in the dark. I find the build quality to be very good. Is it the same as the 1520??? Well, no. But it isn't bad at all in my opinion. Recently, I had to send in my 1520 for a repair. It was gone for a month. So, during that time, I had to use my 1320 as my primary phone. I did not have one single problem, and I have to say that I only really missed the 1520's camera. The 1320's camera is not the best, but it certainly isn't the worst. If I were buying my Dad a phone, I would have no trouble getting him the 1320. It's a great phone for its price.

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The "battery covers" (get them on eBay) are easy to replace and cheap when damaged. However there's a small border between the plastic cover and glass touch screen. That small border get's damaged really easy if you for example keep it in your pocket with your car key. The Gorilla Glass 3 is perfect in any way! It's fine for me.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
For Eyesight ( i use reading glasses ) It's a great phone. Build quality is fine. I have this phone a couple of months now and have no scratch on it even wen it fel of the table...keep in mind no phone is build for throwing around, it's stil plastic and glass so when it falls on the floor you can run in to some bad luck, just like any other phone. I also have big claws and have no issues when typing text with it.
Screen is bright and clear.
Since i starting to use this phone i almost don't use my tablet anymore. Six inch sounds big but you get used to it within an hour.
The only downside i hear mostly about this phone is the camera ( i stil think its a nice shooter ) and the buttons....but mostly is the cause of that that the back cover is not proper set. Mostly removing and place it back solves those issues.

CSMR250

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that I do not like about the 1320 is the fact that the capacitive buttons are not back lit. So, it takes some time to get used to where they are when using the phone in the dark. I find the build quality to be very good. Is it the same as the 1520??? Well, no. But it isn't bad at all in my opinion. Recently, I had to send in my 1520 for a repair. It was gone for a month. So, during that time, I had to use my 1320 as my primary phone. I did not have one single problem, and I have to say that I only really missed the 1520's camera.
I ended up getting a used 1520 because of my build quality worries, and now you say it was that one you had to repair! :angry:
Hopefully mine works out! I don't think my dad will ever use the camera, 3/4 of the cores, the extra storage, or any of the features. I just hope it will last without breaking!

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Nice to know that al these buttons are on the same place.
With out even looking i know that they are on the bottom of the screen.
Back is on the left, home is in the middle and search is on the right.

it is hard to mis them ;-)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting a used 1520 because of my build quality worries, and now you say it was that one you had to repair! :angry:
Hopefully mine works out! I don't think my dad will ever use the camera, 3/4 of the cores, the extra storage, or any of the features. I just hope it will last without breaking!

The 1520 is an awesome phone. Hope your Dad enjoys it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon