Nokia Software Recovery tool Not reading my lumia device

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys ,
i've problem after downgrading my lumia 1320 from wp 8.1 dp to wp.8.0

the downgrade went successfully but Nokia Software Recovery tool doesn't read my phone anymore​

i'm running windows 8.1 as in the picture
Snap1.jpg

any help ?​

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. follow these simple steps , connect your phone to your computer(if you have a passcode , enter it). No go to device manager/click on view/show hidden devices. Now head into portable devices/locate windows phone/right click/uninstall/locate Universal Serial Bus Devices/Uninstall Lumia 920(In my case there are 2 So uninstall both ) along with nokia flash. Go to action menu/ scan for hardware changes. You should see your device in nokia recovery tool.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. follow these simple steps , connect your phone to your computer(if you have a passcode , enter it). No go to device manager/click on view/show hidden devices. Now head into portable devices/locate windows phone/right click/uninstall/locate Universal Serial Bus Devices/Uninstall Lumia 920(In my case there are 2 So uninstall both ) along with nokia flash. Go to action menu/ scan for hardware changes. You should see your device in nokia recovery tool.

Have you downgraded your device (920?) and received any updates or are you stuck with WP8 now?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you downgraded your device (920?) and received any updates or are you stuck with WP8 now?

Nope. Recovery software downloaded the latest GDR3+Black firmware. I am still waiting for windows phone 8.1/cyan firmware update.
Also note that I haven't installed preview for developer app , my phone is says up-to-date.(haa cyan isn't available for 920 yet in my country, India. As of now Lumia 1520,925 and 625 received the update. ) Are you planning to downgrade your device ?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Recovery software downloaded the latest GDR3+Black firmware. I am still waiting for windows phone 8.1/cyan firmware update.
Also note that I haven't installed preview for developer app , my phone is says up-to-date.(haa cyan isn't available for 920 yet in my country, India. As of now Lumia 1520,925 and 625 received the update. ) Are you planning to downgrade your device ?

I downgraded my 1320 yesterday and got update. Although it prompts for "install update" on Recovery, it stops after Black+GDR3 I think. It doesn't go to Cyan. So probably yesterday had false hope. Now again, install DP8.1 and will just wait till we get Cyan for 1320 globally. Probably 3-4 weeks.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I downgraded my 1320 yesterday and got update. Although it prompts for "install update" on Recovery, it stops after Black+GDR3 I think. It doesn't go to Cyan. So probably yesterday had false hope. Now again, install DP8.1 and will just wait till we get Cyan for 1320 globally. Probably 3-4 weeks.

must be a keyboard update anyways why did you downgraded ? I downgraded because of the recent update I was once again having GPS issues , some settings like Bluetooth/nfc were constantly crashing. nokia camera was doing the same but stock was forking fine(I need manual focus and shutter speed :winktongue: ). I am quite happy with speed and performance of windows phone 8 on my l920. Closing tabs in wp8.1 was jerky.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Thanks man , i tried but didn't work for me , maybe because i'm windows 8.1
the device is reading well on windows 7
so i guess i've to upgrade my pc to LOL like i did with my lumia

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Before you do that........
There are stil a few options.
Unplug your phone
Then delete all and i mean delete all drivers wat relates to nokia or your phone from your pc.
Reboot your pc and plug in your phone.
Then install one of the recovery programs.
There are two ways to turn back to wp8

One is with the nokia care suite
second is the Nokia software recovery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8x0ri9rca44pa27/Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.40.5.8.msi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjx96zyqag9sczv/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

The drivers are the main issue here, not your operating system.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Before you do that........
There are stil a few options.
Unplug your phone
Then delete all and i mean delete all drivers wat relates to nokia or your phone from your pc.
Reboot your pc and plug in your phone.
Then install one of the recovery programs.
There are two ways to turn back to wp8

One is with the nokia care suite
second is the Nokia software recovery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8x0ri9rca44pa27/Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.40.5.8.msi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjx96zyqag9sczv/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

The drivers are the main issue here, not your operating system.

Thanks, I'll give a try

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre